Sullivan South vs Greeneville

timcraw

6 hours ago, tj3775 said:

Oh getting outta here with that nonsense.  What purpose does it serve to beat a team 77-0? None. 

It Sounds like your avoiding the questions that I and Swipes asked.  The freshman, 2nd team, 3rd team have just as much of right to play to their full potential as the other team, and that means scoring also either on defense or offense like it or not.  What good does it do to not let your freshman, 2nd team, 3rd team that put in the hard work/practice each week to not let them play to their full potential when they have an opportunity?  What is the coach supposed to tell them?  Please let us know tj3775.  We know your trolling. Have a good day.

Edited by Romansfive8

8 hours ago, tj3775 said:

Oh getting outta here with that nonsense.  What purpose does it serve to beat a team 77-0? None. 

We get told the same every year.  But I agree with the other fella.  You as a coach would NEVER tell your 14-15 year old freshman to get handed the ball and lay down.  You are not preparing him for anything.  Now I do agree on just kneeling on the ball even halfway through the 4th quarter if the score is already 77-0.  But these lopsided victories are why there is a mercy rule (or like we call it, The Pirate Rule) in the 2nd half.  In most cases it should prevent a high score like 77-0, unless all that was obtained in the first half.  Anyways I was having a hard time picking this game in the Big Ones which is the only reason I’m in here.  

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Greeneville 77, Sullivan Central 0

Sull. Central 0 0 0 0 – 0

Greeneville 28 21 14 14 0 – 77

I would assume that S Central played there fresh and sophomores too as the game was out of hand beginning 2nd half.

I seen a Central game years ago against DB that was pretty ugly. Everyone had played for DB but Central still had their starters playing in the 4th quarter. I don't remember the score but remember seeing all those kids with clean Jerseys just standing on the other side. Every coach has to figure what's best for his team and who gets rewarded.I'd say a few of them were just fine with standing there but as a parent,if I would have had a young player on that Central team...I would have went down to the sideline and told him if he didn't go ask the coach to get into the game,just take that jersey off and lets go get something to eat.If he was deserving of some playing time and the coach said no,then I would have went scottish old school.I'd told him to take off his jersey  and tell the coach to shove it up his.Thought I better edit in case I want to write something else this week.

Edited by BatmanDB

2 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I seen a Central game years ago against DB that was pretty ugly. Everyone had played for DB but Central still had their starters playing in the 4th quarter. I don't remember the score but remember seeing all those kids with clean Jerseys just standing on the other side. Every coach has to figure what's best for his team and who gets rewarded.I'd say a few of them were just fine with standing there but as a parent,if I would have had a young player on that Central team...I would have went down to the sideline and told him if he didn't go ask the coach to get into the game,just take that jersey off and lets go get something to eat.If he was deserving of some playing time and the coach said no,then I would have went scottish old school.I'd told him to take off his jersey  and tell the coach to shove it up his.Thought I better edit in case I want to write something else this week.

That pretty good story. And you are correct. :thumb:

The GREENE getting no love from the pollsters.....

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/high-school/tennessee-high-school-football-polls/article_01f03501-fe7b-5d1e-b7b2-3df1ea3c8e64.html

Division I - Class 4A

1. Elizabethton    6-0
2. Hardin County   7-0
3. Tullahoma    7-0
4. Marshall County 6-1
5. East Hamilton   5-1
6. Creek Wood      7-0
7. Springfield     6-1
8. Anderson County 5-2
9. Lexington       6-1
10. Sullivan South 5-0

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

The GREENE getting no love from the pollsters.....

https://www.timesnews.net/sports/high-school/tennessee-high-school-football-polls/article_01f03501-fe7b-5d1e-b7b2-3df1ea3c8e64.html

Division I - Class 4A

1. Elizabethton    6-0
2. Hardin County   7-0
3. Tullahoma    7-0
4. Marshall County 6-1
5. East Hamilton   5-1
6. Creek Wood      7-0
7. Springfield     6-1
8. Anderson County 5-2
9. Lexington       6-1
10. Sullivan South 5-0

We are 4-2 so have to earn that love this year.  Beat South this week and you're in the top 10.  I'm just glad we seem to be progressing with how young we are and could be real scary come play-off time.

29 minutes ago, Swipes said:

We are 4-2 so have to earn that love this year.  Beat South this week and you're in the top 10.  I'm just glad we seem to be progressing with how young we are and could be real scary come play-off time.

What kind of offense are y’all running now with the coaching changes the past couple seasons? Just curious.

5 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

The next 3 weeks should be must see football in Region 1, 4A. Everything will settle itself out. Could probably say that about a lot of regional play. But, all I care about right now is this region. Devils and Rebels, Devils and Betsy, Betsy and Rebels. Let the fun begin! 

Yep,this week's game is pretty much a region championship elimination game .The odds of the loser beating Elizabethton are probably pretty low.Not saying the winners odds are a lot greater.I know there are a lot of things that can happen but I'm just keeping it real .