Sullivan South vs Greeneville

timcraw

26 minutes ago, tj3775 said:

To be honest, allowing your team to win 77-0 is classless. DB did that a few years ago to Tenn High and I told Coach Clark that. 

So if you had a son on the team and he was playing 2nd or 3rd string and scored his 1st TD would you call him classless?   Is it fair to tell the 2nd & 3rd string (freshman) not too score; would you tell them to run backwards or fall down?  Is it fair to the team that’s losing for the other team’s (non starters) to just quit and not try when they deserve to play to their full potential as well?   Are you one those that want someone to feel sorry for you and coddle you?

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Upvote 1

Is the any Greeneville or South fan who could talk me into coming to this game?    Not smack talk, we get enough of that, I mean down in the weeds, X's & O's....  I want to know if this is going to be a real game or is Greeneville realistically going to win by 20?       Boone has Volunteer (who is playing much better now than in years past), but I could be tempted to drop Boone and come to this one if it is going to be an evenly matched game.

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Is the any Greeneville or South fan who could talk me into coming to this game?    Not smack talk, we get enough of that, I mean down in the weeds, X's & O's....  I want to know if this is going to be a real game or is Greeneville realistically going to win by 20?       Boone has Volunteer (who is playing much better now than in years past), but I could be tempted to drop Boone and come to this one if it is going to be an evenly matched game.

They won’t be able to stop Souths QB or O Line 

17 hours ago, tj3775 said:

To be honest, allowing your team to win 77-0 is classless. DB did that a few years ago to Tenn High and I told Coach Clark that. 

Where you even at the game to see how it was 77-0?  Greeneville's leading passer was a Freshman and only threw 9 passes the entire night as a team. Ran the ball 29 times with the 2 leading rushers being both Freshman.  Thats 38 total offensive plays for the game.  Sullivan Central had 63 plays and 5 turnovers for the game.  Do you tell your Freshman to not score and take a knee the entire 2nd half?

• Like 3

Covid & Personal issues has kept me away from the message boards & the games unfortunately. This Greene Devil team is very very young & I see similarities with the underclassmen that we all saw in the 2018 Class. They have a lot of growing up to do on the field obviously and I think we’ve seen strides thus far in the season. Tn High game is what stands out to me because of that. 
I believe this game will be closer than maybe some think but I still feel Greeneville is a 21 point favorite imo. 

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Covid & Personal issues has kept me away from the message boards & the games unfortunately. This Greene Devil team is very very young & I see similarities with the underclassmen that we all saw in the 2018 Class. They have a lot of growing up to do on the field obviously and I think we’ve seen strides thus far in the season. Tn High game is what stands out to me because of that. 
I believe this game will be closer than maybe some think but I still feel Greeneville is a 21 point favorite imo. 

Hope you and your family  are doing good.

Edited by lawnman