Copper Basin @ McMinn Central

TheCommander

77 is pretty good but I would take 50 from Central over him any day. I will give props where props are due.... number 15 is a warrior, best player on the field for Basin by far and 12 was very elusive carrying the ball. But I don’t know if you could see 53, commander, he was a cheap shot artist and should have been tossed for some of the stuff he did. 

Good luck on the rest of the season, Cougars, hope your guys get healed up before the So Pitt game. 

35 minutes ago, gecko said:

Discipline and Turnovers cost the Cougars who WERE #2 in the State...

Central had their fair share of drive killing penalties. 15 only put 7 up in 1st half. Maybe 14 in 2nd if healthy. Central missed a fg, plus started slowing down and running clock in 4th. Took knees on a scoring drive as well bc they have some class. I feel like these posts are an extension of the coaching staff or players that talked crap and complained all night. The screaming at the coaches after the game was excellent. I know it's heated and they are upset but come on. "Y'all cheated!" isn't a good look. They might be right in saying Central won't win another ballgame this season and "good luck in playoffs" may be a perfect response to getting your tell whipped. I just think this was classic underestimate the opponent and get caught with your pants down just like Central did with Tellico earlier in the year. It's embarrassing but you can lose with some dignity. When 4 starters were chilling on pregame markups and just watching Central run through plays instead of warming up with their team? It didn't surprise me at all. Also, might want to tell kids and coaches to stay off Twitter especially before games. Kids and coaches promised some pancakes? Where are they? I'm hungry. Guess Central ate them all. Anyway, I digress. Basin is good and probably even better with 13. Tonight they were out matched, out played, out physicaled and our coached.  It happens. I HATE it for 13. They would have given SP a game this season. 

I counted 12 penalties though. All of the penalties were very objective. 

3 Offsides 

2 false starts 

1 blatant block in the back 

1 holding call (didn't see this one but they missed several) 

1 running into kicker (again obvious)

1 Tripping 

1 Defensive Cut on a FB (Frustration penalty bc 56 was getting whipped by 26) 

1 Delay of game 

1 unsportsmanlike on Grabowski (Frustration bc they thought this would be an easy W) 

Well to be honest the “defensive cut” was called a hold on number 53 the d end actually and a tripping of all things on the o lineman 59 who got pushed down and the kid tripped over and I’m pretty sure the kid who made that post #77 I’m pretty sure had a few good hits tonight on defense as well as a good bit of pancakes and what was wrong with him #5 and #24 watching central run plays when they weren’t running through plays

3 minutes ago, elhosel said:

77 is pretty good but I would take 50 from Central over him any day. I will give props where props are due.... number 15 is a warrior, best player on the field for Basin by far and 12 was very elusive carrying the ball. But I don’t know if you could see 53, commander, he was a cheap shot artist and should have been tossed for some of the stuff he did. 

Good luck on the rest of the season, Cougars, hope your guys get healed up before the So Pitt game. 

77 is all state with a few offers and I don’t know if he’s even missed more than 5 blocks in the past 2 years he’s been starting therefore I take him over 50 and 15 is a heck of a player he’s one of them Boggs boys and I agree 12 is a solid running back but was short on his carries tonight and on defense 33 and 22 are some very good players you should’ve noticed 

4 minutes ago, elhosel said:

I will give 50 some credit not a bad lineman at all but of course I’m taking one of our guys! 15 is a warrior, I know for certain that he was trying everything in his power to stay in at Qb but his elbow prevented that! Hopefully he will be healed well before we play South Pitt! 12 is one of the better backs in the area in my opinion! 53 was probably just caught up in the moment, it did get very chippy on both sides I’m not saying that the things some of our guys did was right but I could say some of the same for your side at times! Appreciate it! Goodluck to you all the rest of the season as well!

37 minutes ago, gecko said:

Discipline and Turnovers cost the Cougars who WERE #2 in the State...

Central had their fair share of drive killing penalties. 15 only put 7 up in 1st half. Maybe 14 in 2nd if healthy. Central missed a fg, plus started slowing down and running clock in 4th. Took knees on a scoring drive as well bc they have some class. I feel like these posts are an extension of the coaching staff or players that talked crap and complained all night. The screaming at the coaches after the game was excellent. I know it's heated and they are upset but come on. "Y'all cheated!" isn't a good look. They might be right in saying Central won't win another ballgame this season and "good luck in playoffs" may be a perfect response to getting your tell whipped. I just think this was classic underestimate the opponent and get caught with your pants down just like Central did with Tellico earlier in the year. It's embarrassing but you can lose with some dignity. When 4 starters were chilling on pregame markups and just watching Central run through plays instead of warming up with their team? It didn't surprise me at all. Also, might want to tell kids and coaches to stay off Twitter especially before games. Kids and coaches promised some pancakes? Where are they? I'm hungry. Guess Central ate them all. Anyway, I digress. Basin is good and probably even better with 13. Tonight they were out matched, out played, out physicaled and our coached.  It happens. I HATE it for 13. They would have given SP a game this season. 

I counted 12 penalties though. All of the penalties were very objective. 

3 Offsides 

2 false starts 

1 blatant block in the back 

1 holding call (didn't see this one but they missed several) 

1 running into kicker (again obvious)

1 Tripping 

1 Defensive Cut on a FB (Frustration penalty bc 56 was getting whipped by 26) 

1 Delay of game 

1 unsportsmanlike on Grabowski (Frustration bc they thought this would be an easy W) 

I pride myself on being objective. I would like to say that first and foremost and I feel like most of the people on this site can attest to that. I call it how I see it. 

Your assessment is fair. You just won a big game in an upset. I am happy for you.

However, there are a few things I would like to point out. 

First, don't judge our program by a few heated fans aimlessly yelling, and in turn, I won't judge yours for punching an elderly wheelchair bound Cougar fan after the game. 

Second, I don't think you understand football in the slightest bit if you think the players were "chilling on pregame markups." They were watching your team's offensive formations. You'd be surprised how many teams practice new formations or show personnel swaps in warmups. I saw those players and they are senior leaders on the team and don't "chill" on anything. I used to do the same thing myself.

Third, most football guys in the Basin saw Central as a sleeper team. No one underestimated them, and I know that it may take away from the sweetness of the victory, but it's true. We came into the game knowing we were starting a QB that other than 2 quarters last week, hasn't played a big time snap at QB since he was in the 8th grade. 

Fourth, the player you're referencing is #77 Chance Rollins. He is a stud offensive lineman with a few double digit pancake games this year. Pre-season All State. D1 offer. 6'4 320lb senior leader and anchor of the offensive line. He got plenty of pancakes during this one, and they will likely be on his highlight film afterward if you want to watch.

Fifth, our 2nd string QB was pulled after an injury before the half. We played the entire 2nd half with a selfless senior receiver taking the snaps. He has never played QB, in practice or otherwise, in this offense.

Sixth, finally, the penalties. I only disagreed with 2 calls. The tripping call and the defensive hold during a running play. Those were very liberal calls and one squashed momentum while the other sealed the defeat. And as for Grabowski's personal foul, I expected his reaction and admonish him for it. Had I been on the sidelines after those two calls, I would have done the exact same thing. 

That's all I have to say. Good luck to the Chargers for the rest of the season and congrats on the win. We had some sore losers, but you don't help that by being a sore winner. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

I pride myself on being objective. I would like to say that first and foremost and I feel like most of the people on this site can attest to that. I call it how I see it. 

Your assessment is fair. You just won a big game in an upset. I am happy for you.

However, there are a few things I would like to point out. 

First, don't judge our program by a few heated fans aimlessly yelling, and in turn, I won't judge yours for punching an elderly wheelchair bound Cougar fan after the game. 

Second, I don't think you understand football in the slightest bit if you think the players were "chilling on pregame markups." They were watching your team's offensive formations. You'd be surprised how many teams practice new formations or show personnel swaps in warmups. I saw those players and they are senior leaders on the team and don't "chill" on anything. I used to do the same thing myself.

Third, most football guys in the Basin saw Central as a sleeper team. No one underestimated them, and I know that it may take away from the sweetness of the victory, but it's true. We came into the game knowing we were starting a QB that other than 2 quarters last week, hasn't played a big time snap at QB since he was in the 8th grade. 

Fourth, the player you're referencing is #77 Chance Rollins. He is a stud offensive lineman with a few double digit pancake games this year. Pre-season All State. D1 offer. 6'4 320lb senior leader and anchor of the offensive line. He got plenty of pancakes during this one, and they will likely be on his highlight film afterward if you want to watch.

Fifth, our 2nd string QB was pulled after an injury before the half. We played the entire 2nd half with a selfless senior receiver taking the snaps. He has never played QB, in practice or otherwise, in this offense.

Sixth, finally, the penalties. I only disagreed with 2 calls. The tripping call and the defensive hold during a running play. Those were very liberal calls and one squashed momentum while the other sealed the defeat. And as for Grabowski's personal foul, I expected his reaction and admonish him for it. Had I been on the sidelines after those two calls, I would have done the exact same thing. 

That's all I have to say. Good luck to the Chargers for the rest of the season and congrats on the win. We had some sore losers, but you don't help that by being a sore winner. 

You just hit the nail on the head refuter! We all seen Central as a sleeper team! Bad look for someone taking a cheap shot on a old man in a wheelchair! Who does that?

Edited by TheCommander

1 minute ago, TheRefuter said:

And I'm glad #15 is getting some respect.

He had a lot of weight on his shoulders and he didn't shy away from the moment. He's been raised well.

8-12 72 yards 1TD 1INT and 10 yards rushing all while starting ILB before being sidelined.

Warrior is an understatement.

Keep in mind, he still stayed in the game on defense after the injury just not at QB!

I went back and watched the entire game again from the live stream video the school system does with this COVID crap. I watched 77 on every play and I counted 2 actual pancakes but also had 2 holding calls and one of the pancakes was actually another hold/takedown that wasn't called. He is a good player but was not spectacular last night. And as for the wheelchair guy getting punched, according to the other adults that were around that mess said he was the one who started it with some very cruel comments toward a player and his family. Central folks were not the aggressor. 

3 minutes ago, elhosel said:

I went back and watched the entire game again from the live stream video the school system does with this COVID crap. I watched 77 on every play and I counted 2 actual pancakes but also had 2 holding calls and one of the pancakes was actually another hold/takedown that wasn't called. He is a good player but was not spectacular last night. And as for the wheelchair guy getting punched, according to the other adults that were around that mess said he was the one who started it with some very cruel comments toward a player and his family. Central folks were not the aggressor. 

Wait, a guy in a wheelchair got punched at the game? That’s another level there. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler