Copper Basin @ McMinn Central

TheCommander

39 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I think the Cougars will rebound from a sloppy performance against Lookout Valley! Taking the win in this one! Opinions on this one?

Central can field a really good defense at times. I kinda think Central wins in a close one. Of you can pass though you have a chance.

Edited by Imthayeti

I think Central is the sleeper team of our schedule. I could be wrong, but they're in the perfect situation to play the villain.

No 3A school wants to lose to a 1A and I expect they'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

As for the Valley game, we played horribly. I don't expect it means anything other than 2 weeks off is not good for a high school football team. A 3 score shutout is a 3 score shutout, but we easily could've and should've hanged 60 on them. It was a good opponent to work out the kinks we acquired over the break. 

Central has the athletes to be dangerous, but through administrative mismanagement and lack of experience winning, they aren't impressive. I'll take the Cougs in Englewood in another game that will be closer than it should be, and look forward to playing our first real opponent on October 23rd in what will hopefully be Cougar fashion by then. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I think Central is the sleeper team of our schedule. I could be wrong, but they're in the perfect situation to play the villain.

No 3A school wants to lose to a 1A and I expect they'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

As for the Valley game, we played horribly. I don't expect it means anything other than 2 weeks off is not good for a high school football team. A 3 score shutout is a 3 score shutout, but we easily could've and should've hanged 60 on them. It was a good opponent to work out the kinks we acquired over the break. 

Central has the athletes to be dangerous, but through administrative mismanagement and lack of experience winning, they aren't impressive. I'll take the Cougs in Englewood in another game that will be closer than it should be, and look forward to playing our first real opponent on October 23rd in what will hopefully be Cougar fashion by then. 

I'll be completely honest, I believe Central has it in them to win it by 3-4 tds. When we played them they sometimes showed great ability, but we had better athletes overall and got with it the 2nd half of our game. They have a bruiser type back or fullback that can sometimes hit you for alot of yardage. If you have a really good run defense it will be a good game. But you will still need to pass.

Edited by Imthayeti

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I was gonna ask the same thing,without the QB I will take Central by a couple.

Like I’ve said before our backup would start on most other teams, he started some games when he was an 8th grader so starting at quarterback is not completely foreign to him! His dad and brother were two of the best qb’s in program history. I think if we can work out some kinks we should win this one!

Edited by TheCommander

8 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Like I’ve said before our backup would start on most other teams, he started some games when he was an 8th grader so starting at quarterback is not completely foreign to him! His dad and brother were two of the best qb’s in program history. I think if we can work out some kinks we should win this one!

I hope you do!

• Like 1