Macon County vs DeKalb County

MCFAN3

The Tiger teams have another week before they play against one another. Both teams are undefeated in region play thus far. This game is possibly the region title game for Region 3-4A. DC pulled away in the second half of last year's game by a score of 26-13. MC got the win they needed last week to regain momentum this season. MC is on bye week as DC is on the road to Carthage. DC overall has the size and speed every team wants. However, MC is a few passes caught from being 7-0. MC will be ready to defend Pat Parker with vengeance. This team is the first team that has had a shot at winning a region title in several years. Both teams I feel like will make some noise in the playoffs. Does DC win to put themselves into the driver's seat for first. Or does MC put themselves in first with a shot to win a region title, which they haven't won since 2003. Thoughts?

Should be a great game!

MC better have some great DB’s or be able to get pressure on DC’s QB, because DC will and can throw the ball well. If you guys can’t do either DC will score a bunch of points.

I’ve not seen your offense, but DC had trouble against H2O maintaining the edges on defense. If you can exploit that weakness you should be able to put up some points.

Edited by H2Oman

4 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Should be a great game!

MC better have some great DB’s or be able to get pressure on DC’s QB, because DC will and can throw the ball well. If you guys can’t do either DC will score a bunch of points.

I’ve not seen your offense, but DC had trouble against H2O maintaining the edges on defense. If you can exploit that weakness you should be able to put up some points.

MC has been able to put pressure on the QB and contain receivers throughout the season. This defense is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. DC’s offense will be the biggest test for us this year. However I think we’ll formulate a game plan against DC and find a way to limit their offensive push. We’re going to have to come out firing early to be in this game late.

5 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Should be a great game!

DeKalb wins I think, but I don't know much about Macon. So it's a toss up really 

I'm sorry guys but I dont see this being a game at all. MC has played powder puffs so far.  Be mad if you want it's the truth. I think DC wins by 21 easy.  I still think the 2 seed is a true toss up. DC I dont think will have a single problem with MC. There D didn't miss tackles at all last week. LAs running bk is by far better than Macron's and I'm telling you now if you think there going to throw on DC good luck with that. Sorry man but in no world can MC match up with DC receivers at all.  I'm not being a dick I know this Region and DC should kill MC but who knows that's why they play the game. 

4 hours ago, Hellidontno said:

I'm sorry guys but I dont see this being a game at all. MC has played powder puffs so far.  Be mad if you want it's the truth. I think DC wins by 21 easy.  I still think the 2 seed is a true toss up. DC I dont think will have a single problem with MC. There D didn't miss tackles at all last week. LAs running bk is by far better than Macron's and I'm telling you now if you think there going to throw on DC good luck with that. Sorry man but in no world can MC match up with DC receivers at all.  I'm not being a dick I know this Region and DC should kill MC but who knows that's why they play the game. 

So you considering a Stone Memorial team a powder puff? A team y’all only won by 1. Also you consider TC a powder puff team? Who MC should have beaten. Yes the rest before that have been easy games for the Tigers. However they completely dominated the teams they should have at the beginning of the season. MC can compete with anybody their up against. I’m not saying MC wins, but I believe it’s a heck of a lot closer than what you think it will be.

Edited by MCFAN3

Lets review.

Macon beat the worst smith county team of all time.

Macon beat a Westmoreland team that's won 2 games and one of them was a covid win.

Macon beat  a smaller school in mjcs that's won 1 game all year.

Macon got a covid win but would have won anyway with glenciff.

Macon beat Cumberland county that hasn't won a single game.

Then macon plays a solid good team in Trousdale and plays them well but gets beat.

Macon plays a average team in stone and has to make a second half come back but does and done it in fashion.

Macon plays a good team next Friday in dc.Can they beat a better than average team? Time will tell,they haven't yet but I hope they do.

Edited by twistedsister

5 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

So you considering a Stone Memorial team a powder puff? A team y’all only won by 1. Also you consider TC a powder puff team? Who MC should have beaten. Yes the rest before that have been easy games for the Tigers. However they completely dominated the teams they should have at the beginning of the season. MC can compete with anybody their up against. I’m not saying MC wins, but I believe it’s a heck of a lot closer than what you think it will be.

DC was up 28 to 7 in that game. It was an absolute mud pit that night slowing down DC. DC let them stay around by once again getting up by alot and running the ball watch the game. When DC had to score at the end they did. Yes that game was close but MC was actually loosing to Stone and had to rally. Look at what they did to LA.  LA will beat MC. DC will beat MC. It will be ugly unless yall get alot of rain or grow your grass high to slow them down. 

3 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I believe MC takes it 28-14

So you truly believe DC will only have 14 points lol. Sorry man theres no way MC can hold DC to 14 with out mother natures HELP.  DC is rolling and rolling hard right now. If Aldino stays in the pocket and doesn't run than this is easily a blow out. I know that MC doesn't have the DBs to Cover those Nokes who killed them last season Knowles who killed them last season and now Alexander is back 6"3 4.4 speed and Jones 6"6 TE.  With a huge offensive line that protects well. Anything is possible for sure but if your going to go by who should win by talent than this Game is DC to win.  We dont play by should though anything is possible. I could see them holding DC to 14 by half but not the whole game. 

15 minutes ago, Hellidontno said:

DC was up 28 to 7 in that game. It was an absolute mud pit that night slowing down DC. DC let them stay around by once again getting up by alot and running the ball watch the game. When DC had to score at the end they did. Yes that game was close but MC was actually loosing to Stone and had to rally. Look at what they did to LA.  LA will beat MC. DC will beat MC. It will be ugly unless yall get alot of rain or grow your grass high to slow them down. 

MC by far had the worst half of football they had all year long against Stone. In the second half, we went back to what we do best by running the ball. Everybody in the stadium knew we were going to run each play and they couldn’t stop us. I just don’t see this game getting ugly. MC has an extra week of prep for DC and I believe that will benefit them more than anything since DC has such quality aspects all around. I’m looking forward to a great game. I still believe DC and MC is the top two teams. MC is going to have to be focused all around for the next few weeks.