Macon County vs DeKalb County

MCFAN3

After the final whistle, I can say I believe this was definitely the region title game. MC came up short, but I seen a lot of good but I also seen stuff we need to work on. I believe these two teams have a great shot to meet again. MC has proven they can play with anybody they are up against. However we just haven’t been able to finish. Congrats to DC on the region title for the first time in history. I hope we get to see a rematch. I believe it would be another barn burner. 

If anybody was at that game they seen the truth.  The Refs were absolutely horrible and it was by far the most one sided called game I've ever seen.  Macon had the perfect game plan. They played slow and ran the ball. If this game was to happen again I can assure you these refs will not be calling that game. It became obvious in the 3rd when we seen repeatedly Macon was P.I. DC on purpose and getting away with it every time. Once again 15 killed them. In the last 2 games against Macon Nokes has 5 TDs. 3 tonight.  Knowles and Alexander to had big nights but when the game got down to it Macon had no one who could cover 15.  If this game truly would have been played this tight fairly then I'd say wow now that was a great game but to watch a game truly Reffed by what was definitely a one sided crew made it sad.  I'm proud DC didn't just lay down and let them screw them over. 

27 minutes ago, Hellidontno said:

If anybody was at that game they seen the truth.  The Refs were absolutely horrible and it was by far the most one sided called game I've ever seen.  Macon had the perfect game plan. They played slow and ran the ball. If this game was to happen again I can assure you these refs will not be calling that game. It became obvious in the 3rd when we seen repeatedly Macon was P.I. DC on purpose and getting away with it every time. Once again 15 killed them. In the last 2 games against Macon Nokes has 5 TDs. 3 tonight.  Knowles and Alexander to had big nights but when the game got down to it Macon had no one who could cover 15.  If this game truly would have been played this tight fairly then I'd say wow now that was a great game but to watch a game truly Reffed by what was definitely a one sided crew made it sad.  I'm proud DC didn't just lay down and let them screw them over. 

Aldino and Nokes put on a show for DC. They impressed me big time. Jenkins for MC had one of the biggest games in his four years. 16 carries for 151. The refs weren’t that great overall I have to agree. Many missed calls for both. MC is looking like they’ll either be at home against Nolensville or Marshall County or possibly on the road. The best path to advance in my opinion is to be on the road with a possible second round matchup between these two tiger squads. The second place route  would be a lot tougher for MC even though first round would be at home. Tullahoma will be tough if we managed to get out of the first round; however, I would put these MC boys up against them with a similar game plan like tonight. 

31 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

Aldino and Nokes put on a show for DC. They impressed me big time. Jenkins for MC had one of the biggest games in his four years. 16 carries for 151. The refs weren’t that great overall I have to agree. Many missed calls for both. MC is looking like they’ll either be at home against Nolensville or Marshall County or possibly on the road. The best path to advance in my opinion is to be on the road with a possible second round matchup between these two tiger squads. The second place route  would be a lot tougher for MC even though first round would be at home. Tullahoma will be tough if we managed to get out of the first round; however, I would put these MC boys up against them with a similar game plan like tonight. 

If you can keep the ball away from Teams like Tullahoma and DC than you got a chance.  I think DC is home the first 2 rounds but if they end up facing Tullahoma they'll have to go to Tullahoma over all record. I may be wrong on that but I thought that's how it works.  I'm kinda in Shock that people still dont know about Nokes/Aldo package.  Nokes has averaged a TD in every game. Some games hes had 2 and 3 TD games. There Both All St players with D1 offers yet we never here about them.  It would be cool if they ended up at the same place. 

Edited by Hellidontno

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:20 AM, Hellidontno said:

If you can keep the ball away from Teams like Tullahoma and DC than you got a chance.  I think DC is home the first 2 rounds but if they end up facing Tullahoma they'll have to go to Tullahoma over all record. I may be wrong on that but I thought that's how it works.  I'm kinda in Shock that people still dont know about Nokes/Aldo package.  Nokes has averaged a TD in every game. Some games hes had 2 and 3 TD games. There Both All St players with D1 offers yet we never here about them.  It would be cool if they ended up at the same place. 

DC is a good team but not as good as you make out "sorry". Macon ran the ball all night and Dc will  face teams better than macon running the ball and teams with better pass coverage and teams that will put more pressure on the qb. If they meet again the score will b close and refs I mean come on enough of blaming them. Macon played dc tough and fell short because in my opinion just a shade more of athleticism but truthfully this game could have went either way and it took the last 50 seconds for dc to win the game. Macon is on the verge of learning how to win the big games. If they play again macon will pound the rock all night long at will, just like dc will pass all night dc cannot run the ball at all and that will bite at some point.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, justcurious5 said:

What D1 programs have offered Aldino ?  Nokes? 

Very few,  if any players  around Upper Cumberland are Scholarship capable D1 players. UC football is rather weak in grand scheme of things. The kid from Macon was recruited heavily mid- major D1.