Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

4 hours ago, BVDevil said:

i've stayed off of coacht this year for a good reason and man i wish i could control myself enough to have stayed off this week too but i just couldnt do it. I hope my young, gaining experience devils, who are feeling their oats right now, can continue that for one more week. I'm sure them betsy boys are feeling confident, as well they should be and i hope my boys are feeling more and more confidence within themselves. While the local tv camera crew will  be in this county....albeit at the wrong school, up in Burley, the two best team in NET will be duking it out one more time for conference bragging rights and yet again, a couple of early home games in the playoffs before  possibly seeing eachother again....wouldnt that be great?

Hope al is well brother,I'll try to give you a call before the game.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, timcraw said:

I wouldnt call Oak ridge mediocre either. In the past I can see how our schedule was mediocre. Its still not the toughest but its tougher than most in the area

If DB is ever serious about being a state title contender consistently, they need to get on the buses and drive to Nashville and play a couple of games a year. DB is and always has been the most overrated football team in Tennessee at any level! they will never win a state title. Play Maryville every year. Play Alcoa every year, play Knox Catholic every year, Play Knox West every year. Play up to toughen up! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

If DB is ever serious about being a state title contender consistently, they need to get on the buses and drive to Nashville and play a couple of games a year. DB is and always has been the most overrated football team in Tennessee at any level! they will never win a state title. Play Maryville every year. Play Alcoa every year, play Knox Catholic every year, Play Knox West every year. Play up to toughen up! 

Calling our schedule mediocre on a Greeneville vs Betsy thread is just kind of ironic

Edited by timcraw

1 hour ago, SXSW said:

Boone plays at least 3 unwinnable games each year (teams like Greeneville, Elizabethton, Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett) and it has never helped us in the playoffs.    Could be a lot of reasons for that but one is we always lose someone to injury (lost 3 starters for the year in the Greeneville/Eliz games), plus it is demoralizing to get your brains beat out year after year after year.     Who knows, it might help DB to play some private schools in Nashville but there has to be more to it than that in order for DB to make it to Cookeville.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Boone plays at least 3 unwinnable games each year (teams like Greeneville, Elizabethton, Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett) and it has never helped us in the playoffs.    Could be a lot of reasons for that but one is we always lose someone to injury (lost 3 starters for the year in the Greeneville/Eliz games), plus it is demoralizing to get your brains beat out year after year after year.     Who knows, it might help DB to play some private schools in Nashville but there has to be more to it than that in order for DB to make it to Cookeville.

Our lack of Cookeville visits isnt our schedule. It is the fact youve got Oakland and Maryville waiting to smack whoever squeaked into round 3 to kingdom come

• Like 1

1 minute ago, timcraw said:

Our lack of Cookeville visits isnt our schedule. It is the fact youve got Oakland and Maryville waiting to smack whoever squeaked into round 3 to kingdom come

Yeah but what if you guys played a couple of Nashville privates every year, plus say Alcoa and/or Knox West, would that propel you past Maryville eventually?       My point was that Boone does that type of thing every year and it has not made us a better team, in fact in some ways it degradates us.    But maybe the culture at DB is different and that would help, I just find it hard to believe that DB going 5-5 or 6-4 every year would be better prepared for Maryville.

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Yeah but what if you guys played a couple of Nashville privates every year, plus say Alcoa and/or Knox West, would that propel you past Maryville eventually?       My point was that Boone does that type of thing every year and it has not made us a better team, in fact in some ways it degradates us.    But maybe the culture at DB is different and that would help, I just find it hard to believe that DB going 5-5 or 6-4 every year would be better prepared for Maryville.

I agree. Thats kind of like saying that Boone played DB and Betsy so they are prepared for Knox West in the playoffs. No offense.. as an outsider I am always rooting for the Trailblazers

4 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I agree. Thats kind of like saying that Boone played DB and Betsy so they are prepared for Knox West in the playoffs. No offense.. as an outsider I am always rooting for the Trailblazers

This is an interesting philosophical discussion, because some people on here think that playing non-winnable games make you better, and there are others who think that playing non-winnable games beats you down and makes you worse.     I fall into the second category but there are valid points on the other side as well.       But here is the best thing about this conversation, we have hijacked this thread and turned it about DB and Boone ...... (heh-heh). ........    (shhhhhh, don't tell...)

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

This is an interesting philosophical discussion, because some people on here think that playing non-winnable games make you better, and there are others who think that playing non-winnable games beats you down and makes you worse.     I fall into the second category but there are valid points on the other side as well.       But here is the best thing about this conversation, we have hijacked this thread and turned it about DB and Boone ...... (heh-heh). ........    (shhhhhh, don't tell...)

I like the way you think LOL