Betsy vs Greeneville

BetsyCyclones16

8 hours ago, BVDevil said:

is no one gona speak up about witten??? no...ok I WILL....i cant say on coach t what i think about him but I DID say exactly what i thought about him on my post game stream. I'll paraphrase here...."  coach witten should be ashamed of himself and also be very very thankful that none of his premier starters got hurt leaving them in the game with  5mins to go,  up 37-10. imagine if bryson rollins goes down? no gold ball...parker hughes or morton goes down? and for what reason? to rub greenevilles nose in something? news flash Shawn..you clearly have the best team in 4a right now and with rollins back there healthy, yall are virtually unbeatable when clicking. Without Rollins back there....TOTALLY different team. I would LOVE to hear HIS explaination why he chose to risk his starters just to score another meaningless touchdown? im shocked he didnt go for two.

Y’all are just like Bama cry when you don’t get your way 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, BVDevil said:

is no one gona speak up about witten??? no...ok I WILL....i cant say on coach t what i think about him but I DID say exactly what i thought about him on my post game stream. I'll paraphrase here...."  coach witten should be ashamed of himself and also be very very thankful that none of his premier starters got hurt leaving them in the game with  5mins to go,  up 37-10. imagine if bryson rollins goes down? no gold ball...parker hughes or morton goes down? and for what reason? to rub greenevilles nose in something? news flash Shawn..you clearly have the best team in 4a right now and with rollins back there healthy, yall are virtually unbeatable when clicking. Without Rollins back there....TOTALLY different team. I would LOVE to hear HIS explaination why he chose to risk his starters just to score another meaningless touchdown? im shocked he didnt go for two.

Thank you bvdevil!!! No sportsmanship from Witten whatsoever. Stomping and screaming all over the sidelines and staring over at our sideline please get a grip and act like you’ve been there before and take your dang starters out the game was clearly over!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpreadAttack said:

Thank you bvdevil!!! No sportsmanship from Witten whatsoever. Stomping and screaming all over the sidelines and staring over at our sideline please get a grip and act like you’ve been there before and take your dang starters out the game was clearly over!!

Few years ago Ballard and the Greene Devils came to J Fred and smacked DB. 43 to 3 or something. Did Ballard pull his starters? No. Did I complain. No. How can I complain when DB has done it for years under Clark. Cant beat a team 77 to 0 then complain about running up the score

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Few years ago Ballard and the Greene Devils came to J Fred and smacked DB. 43 to 3 or something. Did Ballard pull his starters? No. Did I complain. No. How can I complain when DB has done it for years under Clark. Cant beat a team 77 to 0 then complain about running up the score

Amen!!

7 minutes ago, timcraw said:

He done the same thing to SH and said they were the champs of 6A.

I'm a Greene Devil fan, and I've never understood having starters in the game when it's that far out of hand.  The point that BVDevil was making is one that I've questioned for years.  If you lose a starter in the 4th quarter of a game that you're winning by 35 or 40 points, you blow your chance at a championship.

I thought Ballard was terrible about playing starters too long in blow-out games, and Witten would look foolish if Hughes or Rollins goes down when they're up late in a 30-pt game.

I don't get it. In high school, polls don't mean anything when it comes to making a march toward a gold ball, so why try to win by 50?  For teams like Elizabethton and Greeneville, you've had the rankings, so it's no big deal.

To the GREENE - I have said for many years that the worst thing that can happen to a school is to win a state title* because then the fan base will accept no less from that point on.   It looks like Elizabethton will have a run this year and maybe next and then the normal cycle will repeat and the Betsy fans will be livid with the players, coaches, etc. for not making it.   As the MAV said earlier you guys still have a very fine team but just not nearly as good as in years past.

* (disclaimer - Maryville and Alcoa would be exempt from this statement)

3 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

To the GREENE - I have said for many years that the worst thing that can happen to a school is to win a state title* because then the fan base will accept no less from that point on.   It looks like Elizabethton will have a run this year and maybe next and then the normal cycle will repeat and the Betsy fans will be livid with the players, coaches, etc. for not making it.   As the MAV said earlier you guys still have a very fine team but just not nearly as good as in years past.

* (disclaimer - Maryville and Alcoa would be exempt from this statement)

I will be there supporting this team and community just like I have for the last 40 years.