Week 9 -- Morristown West at D-B

TribalEmpire

On 10/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, mikeslau said:

Probably won't be trying any field goals but I was pleasantly surprised to see our sophomore kicker make all 8 of his extra points..

#42 Titan Thomas is 8 out 8... all are the last 8 attempted by the Indians! He can kick FG's.

Thomas was the JV Kicker last season as a freshman. I was told he had an injury before the season started. I would expect the Indians to try a FG against MoDUB. 

Edited by LINEDAD

1 hour ago, StarBright87 said:

If any Mo West fans are on here several years ago Mo West was a major player in deciding the state championship no matter what classification they were in, what has changed since then?

Mo East and West are both suffering from LOFT. The kids in the JR and SR classes, when in middle school, only won games against other Morristown schools. The new private school will not help matters. if DB plays well, they name the score. If they sleep walk like they did against Jeff, it will be less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

#42 Titan Thomas is 8 out 8... all are the last 8 attempted by the Indians! He can kick FG's.

Thomas was the JV Kicker last season as a freshman. I was told he had an injury before the season started. I would expect the Indians to try a FG against MoDUB. 

This young man has been a prayer answered for this team.  Linedad is correct, I would start testing his FG range starting in this game.  Absolute certainty a field goal will be needed somewhere in an upcoming game.  I have not seen him miss a PAT in practice.

• Like 1

ROLL TRIBE ROLL! A win tonight will guarantee the Indians will host a Round 1 game. A win next week will lock up the 1 seed. Being the 1 seed is imperative because of how good Region 2 6A's top 3 teams are. 

I think tonight the DB passing game will be the headlines. MoW is very small in the defensive backfield. WR's Shearer and Marshall especially will be hard to stop. DB has to stop their tailback Delaney, #24 has over 900yd rushing and is averaging 150 yd/game. Mo West coach says his team is ready and they will give DB a game and they are playing to win it.

29 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

ROLL TRIBE ROLL! A win tonight will guarantee the Indians will host a Round 1 game. A win next week will lock up the 1 seed. Being the 1 seed is imperative because of how good Region 2 6A's top 3 teams are. 

I think tonight the DB passing game will be the headlines. MoW is very small in the defensive backfield. WR's Shearer and Marshall especially will be hard to stop. DB has to stop their tailback Delaney, #24 has over 900yd rushing and is averaging 150 yd/game. Mo West coach says his team is ready and they will give DB a game and they are playing to win it.

If west is relying on a Running back they are in trouble

1 hour ago, LINEDAD said:

Averaging 150. He's not doing that on his own. I'm guessing they have a pretty good line. But my opinion is it'll be an air raid.