Tom Kreager Classification Projections

BoardHater71

6 hours ago, District12AA said:

So what region should Marshall, Lawrence, and Tullahoma be put in?

Don't criticize unless you got some solutions. Would love to hear what you think the fix is?

Hateful much? I don’t know where they would go, but I know Heritage will play up to 4A and WH will probably do the same. These Regions were just a guess by a Tennessean Sports Writer. No way there will be 10 teams in that Region. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, District12AA said:

So what region should Marshall, Lawrence, and Tullahoma be put in?

Don't criticize unless you got some solutions. Would love to hear what you think the fix is?

Not criticizing per say. I'm just saying the travel would be a bit much. Mostly just stating the obvious 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

And, Ripley is not too bad either. Bolivar will need to upgrade their program to stay on the field with the others. What I like about this possible region is the history of these programs, the old rivalries that exist between these teams, and the potential for huge crowds once the pandemic is over. 

My friend, STACMOT, has lots of historic information on the old Big Ten Conference that dominated West Tennessee football for thirty years. Maybe we can get him to share it on Coach T, since it appears that 5 of the original Big Ten teams may end up in the same region next year.

I'm thinking McNairy will be just fine with moving up to 4A after seeing this potential region

23 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

And, Ripley is not too bad either. Bolivar will need to upgrade their program to stay on the field with the others. What I like about this possible region is the history of these programs, the old rivalries that exist between these teams, and the potential for huge crowds once the pandemic is over. 

My friend, STACMOT, has lots of historic information on the old Big Ten Conference that dominated West Tennessee football for thirty years. Maybe we can get him to share it on Coach T, since it appears that 5 of the original Big Ten teams may end up in the same region next year.

6 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Trenton used to be in that old Big Ten conference. Heard many of stories about them days. Lots of smash mouth hard fought games in that era. Brownsville high and Jackson high was the team to beat in that conference if I’m not mistaken 

Chargerfan, you flushed me out!  If this region is actually created, I look for Bolton to be in it as well.  I also look for Milan and Covington to dominate the region, but when it comes to these old rivals you never know...anything can happen.

I'm pretty much going to pass on the history lesson for now.  Only those of us over 55 would probably have any interest in it anyway.  We lived it.  Players, coaches, most administrators, and a lot of the fans of today weren't alive when the Big Ten was in it's heyday.  

Goldenpride, The other potential 7-3A members - Byars-Hall (Covington)l, Ripley, Dyersburg, and Milan were forces in the Big Ten at one time or another as well.  I remember exchanging a few posts with you last year in which we talked about Big Ten games between Brownsville, Peabody, and Jackson High.  I believe you said your grandfather had told you stories about the Big Ten days.  In one of those stories, your grandfather reminisced about Peabody ending Brownsville's 23 game winning streak in October of 1962.

I hope Mr. Kreager is correct in his prediction about Region 7-3A. If so, we should see some hard fought games with good crowds and a lot of atmosphere.  Come on TSSAA, make the Big Ten (or at least half of it) great again!

On 10/14/2020 at 9:36 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

It turns out that Haywood has a solid 4A enrollment, so Milan, Covington, Ripley, and Dyersburg will have to carry on the tradition of the old Big Ten.