Gallatin vs Hendersonville

mondo44

Looking forward to the Wave coming to town tomorrow night to face the Commandos.  Wave sit at 3-4 while the Commandos are 4-3.  IMO Gallatin could easily be 5-2, needed one more play against WC and suffered the officials meltdown against Collierville.  To beat the Wave you have to limit the QB Stanley.  He has proven all year that he can beat you running and throwing.  Commandos need to play mistake free football and win the line of scrimmage and not allow any “home runs” by the Wave.  This rivalry game matters and the current records of both teams don’t matter.   Game time temperature will be about 50 dropping to the low 40’s by the end.  Good football weather! 

IIt's going to be a great night for football.  Hendersonville's losses are to very good teams, Oakland, Beech and Independence, so they will present a big challenge for the Wave.  These two teams have been playing for many years, records definitely don't matter.  Always look forward to seeing mondo44 pregame.  Looks like our tradition of meeting on the field post game, whoever wins, is in jeopardy.  We've done this every year (a few years twice!) since we became acquainted in 2007, but we'll just have to do it a little differently this year, maybe at the gate going out.

Ditto EG.  Good man, good family.  A lot has changed since 2007.  EG’s daughter who tagged along with him was in elementary school and is now a junior in college.  I have a daughter and granddaughter who live in Gallatin and  my son just graduated from college.  Look forward to catching up tonight and seeing some good high school football. 

2 hours ago, Frauddle said:

Highly competitive, rivalry game. I think most people are down on Gallatin, especially some of the Green Wave faithful, but they've played a tough schedule. Hard to repeat last year's performance but I'm going with the Wave and Coach Watson pulling the upset 24-21.

Having seen both teams play, I just don’t think they can score 24 or hold Hendersonville to 21. I really believe Hendersonville is 3-4 TDs better. The rivalry aspect will make it closer, but Hendersonville is clearly better. 

2 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Am I missing something.  Isn't Gallatin 3-0 in the region right now and currently the 1 Seed.  Why are y'all saying they are so bad?

They haven’t played a region game. They have 3 COVID wins in region, 3-4 overall and will likely finish 4-6. Admittedly, I have only seen part of the Station Camp game and the Henry County game, but from what I saw they’re just not very good this year.