Sparta Basketball - A serious thread

pinkpanther

Cumberland co. by 15 and i'll tell you why ..... dennis gilpin can score on anybody, they'll dominate down low(melton 6'7 & christopher 6'5), brandon houston is a walking talking highlight reel, and coach Buck is one heckeva coach..... sorry but its the facts B)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We told you to bring your A game and we also told you that you would get dominated down low

does anybody rember how many dunks Christopher had if you think it was loud down their wait till you come up here it will be about 3 times louder c~yall before to long :)

First off if you can't see Daniel Johnson is a huge difference in Sparta's success then you don't follow it to well. Crossville should have beat White Co. it was expected by those who know high school basketball. Coach Buck's team define hustle and hard work. They play the game like it should be. Don't worry bout talking all that mess over there though cause you got a lot bigger problems than White Co. All in good time.

Hey LB if you are such a fan of Buck and Jets...then pay attention to the game. Gilpen did not even score in double figures tonight against the Warriors. And if you are 6'7" shouldn't you be starting and heck he should have more than two dunks....and the were follow up dunks.

Coach buck does do a good job..I will give you that. But you guys need to worry about some of the bigger fish. I would love to see yo uguys against Bradley.

And anybody who knows basketball knows that the Johnson kid plays with heart. He goes hard and so did the Warriors. Heck I think Cumberland starts 5 seniors. They should enjoy it now....from what I have seen it will not last long the Warriors are on their way back.

Good job tonight and good luck the rest of the season....the town of Sparta is proud of you guys and you too Coach Slatten and Dodson. keep the boys working. :):)

I agree that Sparta will sruggle some this year, but let's hope for more than 6 or 8 wins. I would like to see them at least win more games than last year (10). I think I counted 27 games on the schedule. It would take around 14 wins to be at .500. Is this possible? Most people say the district is down this year. Will Sparta be able to compete? Because of a couple of other posts, I'm guessing that Sparta lost to Crossville. What was good/bad about their play? I didn't go to the game because something came up at the last minute. Now I wish I had gone.

Did u know that the J.V. team beat crossville. Who said they didnt have any talent coming on? In the last minutes of the game their coach told them not to foul because White Co. had been kicked their butts the whole game!

I was gald to see the varisty keep the jets score down in the first half. I think they just wore down after that but played as hard as they could. They will continue to improve as the year goes on. As for Johnson, he's a tough cookie to play with a cut eye and did such a great jobs as did all the boys! By the way I thought this was a Sparta thread NOT a pull sparta down, build crossville up thread. If u want to talk about crossville start ur on thread. And I think u got a whole lot more to worry bout than Sparta. GO WARRIORS! :)

Hey Jet this is a White County thread......start your own! But since you are here a little question for you. How many state championships has Cumberland Co. won? :confused None...zero...nadda...zilch!!! Not only has White Co. won 2 that's right 2, they did it back to back. Which is un heard of in this day and time.