Sparta Basketball - A serious thread

pinkpanther

LB13...At least there's 2 state championship banners hanging in our gym. Sparta might never have another one, BUT AT LEAST WE'VE HAD ONE (SORRY, TWO!). How many are in your gym?

Sorry everybody. I'll try to restrain myself from doing things like that again. Let's not worry about Crossville anymore until February.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparta looked good tonight, even though they lost. Sparta will win some games this year if they can keep scoring over 50 points. They had to play 5 on 8 (5 players + 3 refs) tonight. I'm not crying. When you shoot 8 free throws and the other team shoots 42, something's wrong. When this happens in your home gym, something's REALLY wrong. England played great, but was a victim of the refs. Same with Williams. Sparta's guards need to play better, though. They were hesitant and passed up a lot of good looks. I mean the shooting guards. Johnson had a very good game. He makes the team go. Whoever said in their earlier post that he's not that important to the team is dead wrong. And what's up with Hess? He's not a player, but he got a lot of minutes. Way too many minutes. His last name has to be the only thing keeping him on the team. It sure isn't his basketball skills. I hate to be negative about anybody, but it's true.

Sparta looked good. They completely outplayed Upperman. I will say that Upperman's Lance Mathis is a great player, though. But, England handled him when he was defending him. I'm encouraged by what I saw tonight. I think Sparta can be competitive in any EVEN game they play. Let's hope we don't get the 3 Stooges of refs (didn't the one guy look like Moe?) any more this season.

[Edited by pinkpanther on 12-6-02 10:19P]

I want to tell all the Warriors that we are proud of you. Keep working hard it will all come together soon!! You guys will shock alot of people this year. Also to Coach Slatten and Coach Dodson keep up the good work!!

P.S. How did the J.V. game go? Someone please fill me in. :confused:

Slatten is a great coach, and if the people in Sparta will get adjusted to him and give him a chance, he'll prove it. You can't be the best team in the state every year. I know that you got used to that while Jolly and Walker were there, but everyone has down years. With another Jolly coming thru soon though you can look forward to brighter days. Slatten has a very young team this year and if they will listen to him and add the talent coming in next year they will be a tough team to handle. I look forward to watching Slatten's teams play b/c he always has them playing hard.

Guest nthezone

Coach Dodson is wonderful. He, as an assistant, does alot of coaching unlike the assistant Sparta had last year. White Co. needs to keep this guy around for a while, he can help these guys out. ;)