TSSAA Releases 2021-2023 Classification

haweanbula

25 minutes ago, SG4LIFE said:

Dyersburg will try to stay away from Covington and South Gibson as much as possible so Dyersburg  will probably try to stay in 4a except that South Gibson is moving up at 4a. Which poison will the Trojans  take. 

I see you joined Coach T today.  Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the info about D'burg.  It will be interesting to see what they do.

Does anyone have any idea about Ripley?

How about Covington Chargerfan?  I believe I saw in another post that you said there were rumors.

Schools will have until Thursday, October 29, 2020 to notify the state office of their wish to move up in any of the above classification plans. 
Schools that disagree with their placement will have the opportunity to request an appeal before the Board of Control at the November 12th scheduled meeting. I assume the Board of Control will set region assignments on November the 12th as well, so we should know how it all goes down in a few weeks.

3 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

curiously, (not that this would happen, but) what would T$$AA do if say 20 teams decided to play up one class?  That would put 70 teams in the next class up and leave 30 in the one below.  

My bet is that they would do what Georgia did last year and deny all requests to play up. 

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Everyone complains about Alcoa "not playing up" but nobody complains about "teams that choose to avoid playing Alcoa when they do play up".  Facts!

If I were Alcoa, I would want to at least play 5A. They would at least have a bit of a challenge. You could always go back down if your program ever slips. We had a school do that in Georgia. They went from 2A to 3A to get away from one team. They won the state title the first year. They then got the big head and moved to 4A (then the largest class) to cut down on travel. The numbers game started catching up with them, and they worked their way back to 2A. In Georgia you don’t have a separate classification for football, you have to play up in all sports, which hurt them also.

Teams I think need to move Up (Mostly because they have done all they can do in current calssification)

Alcoa

Done everything they can do in 3A

Greeneville

Pretty much done everything in 4A

Pearl-Cohn

Greenback

Henry County

Coalfield

South Pittsburg

Teams I think need to move Down (Mainly due to not doing well in current classification)

Knoxville Fulton (Us) 

Moving up to 5A was a huge mistake for us in the First Place, we were not Ready and it showed, we are lucky to make the playoffs

Seymour

When are people gonna learn?, Seymour never does well on the 5A/AAA Level!

Knoxville Carter

Glencliff

Heritage

Lenoir City

Coffee County

Siegel

Antioch

Centennial

Dickson County

Kenwood

Clarksville Northeast

Clarksville Northwest