Milan vs Westview week 11

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, SG4LIFE said:

Sorry to offend you but to compare me to a high school kid and to disrespect my knowledge of the game of football   I just threw a little back toward you. 

We are all just having some fun. 
Maybe we will have an All Gibson County 3rd round match up.  Now that will be fun. 

How did I disrespect your knowledge of the game?  The only thing I said was you weren’t telling the truth about the transfers and you weren’t. If you find that disrespectful I’m sorry but I told you several times you were wrong and you wouldn’t listen. That’s why I and others on here have compared you to a kid. Grown folks acknowledge their mistakes. Be cool and all will be well. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Westview alumni here. Let me tell you the truth. Martin isn’t what we used to be, when I was at Westview it was a dogfight every year with Milan. But things have changed since then. The kids are soft and run to mommy cause the coach got on their #### and said something they didn’t like. That why coach coady is no longer there. Kids have skill some of them but they are soft, Westview is preppy and wealthy. The kids play to look good and to look nice in front of girls. They don’t play hard like they used to. Their parents spoil them and don’t make them earn anything and drive nicer cars to school than the teachers. See Milan’s field? Milan is all about football. Martin is a girls basketball powerhouse ever been to our gym? It’s one of the best looking in the area. The football players in Martin don’t have that dog in them required to win anything. If coach coady was there it’d be a different story. Even when Westview lost we fought. These kids I see no fight (Covington game) Milan will dog Martin and will continue to until the parents stop babying the kids and make them grow some balls instead of using their money  wealth and politics. Don’t even get me started about the city declining the proposal for Westview to have its own stadium it shows what Martin cares about and football isn’t at the top. Its sad and frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Westview alumni here. Let me tell you the truth. Martin isn’t what we used to be, when I was at Westview it was a dogfight every year with Milan. But things have changed since then. The kids are soft and run to mommy cause the coach got on their #### and said something they didn’t like. That why coach coady is no longer there. Kids have skill some of them but they are soft, Westview is preppy and wealthy. The kids play to look good and to look nice in front of girls. They don’t play hard like they used to. Their parents spoil them and don’t make them earn anything and drive nicer cars to school than the teachers. See Milan’s field? Milan is all about football. Martin is a girls basketball powerhouse ever been to our gym? It’s one of the best looking in the area. The football players in Martin don’t have that dog in them required to win anything. If coach coady was there it’d be a different story. Even when Westview lost we fought. These kids I see no fight (Covington game) Milan will dog Martin and will continue to until the parents stop babying the kids and make them grow some balls instead of using their money  wealth and politics. Don’t even get me started about the city declining the proposal for Westview to have its own stadium it shows what Martin cares about and football isn’t at the top. Its sad and frustrating.

What you said makes a lot of sense. I have a relative that used to teach at Westview and they said a lot of the same things you just said. Much respect for being truthful. 

7 hours ago, District12AA said:

Guys in Region 7, how good is the Simpson kid?

Being a Vols fan I have seen some say he is the most important in state prosxpects in wars to land however I have doubts due to the fact they don’t win more than they do. Is his supporting cast that bad? If you are a top QB in the nation I figured it would show in Ws and Ls. Would love to hear what you guys think as you have watched him the last 3 years.

His supporting cast is bad, as what BPM (Milan) is what previously mentioned. If Simpson was at another school, this team would not beat McNairy Central and would miss the playoffs. Westview did win more games than they did last year, with another first year head coach.

Saying that, if I am Simpson, I would really have to love the Volunteers before I commit to Rocky Top. Pruitt offense is not good, and I'd have a hard time believing that it would change very soon, and it's not just the QB situation either in Knoxville. His offense is boring and lack playmakers to a maximum. He does fit well in Iowa and Michigan State, but so far not doing well in Tennessee, and stats prove that. Looking at his offer list, there are four schools that I see that has coaches that develop QB's well. But I want Ty to go where Ty wants to go.

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

His supporting cast is bad, as what BPM (Milan) is what previously mentioned. If Simpson was at another school, this team would not beat McNairy Central and would miss the playoffs. Westview did win more games than they did last year, with another first year head coach.

Saying that, if I am Simpson, I would really have to love the Volunteers before I commit to Rocky Top. Pruitt offense is not good, and I'd have a hard time believing that it would change very soon, and it's not just the QB situation either in Knoxville. His offense is boring and lack playmakers to a maximum. He does fit well in Iowa and Michigan State, but so far not doing well in Tennessee, and stats prove that. Looking at his offer list, there are four schools that I see that has coaches that develop QB's well. But I want Ty to go where Ty wants to go.

What do you think the odds are that Simpson and Anthony Brown both ends up at Alabama?  I think it is slim but would be very cool. 

15 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

What you said makes a lot of sense. I have a relative that used to teach at Westview and they said a lot of the same things you just said. Much respect for being truthful. 

No problem. If this game was 10-15+ years ago it’d be a toss up. Martin will always be a girls basketball school. They denied Westview a football field then built ANOTHER GYM when the first one has a Jumbotron in it. So it’ll be a Milan blowout 68-17. I had a cousin play for Milan (Jobronski Gilbert) he said Westview was tough when he played. I told him man the rich folks have penetrated the sports here Martin isn’t tough anymore.

1 minute ago, Kiddmaximus said:

No problem. If this game was 10-15+ years ago it’d be a toss up. Martin will always be a girls basketball school. They denied Westview a football field then built ANOTHER GYM when the first one has a Jumbotron in it. So it’ll be a Milan blowout 68-17. I had a cousin play for Milan (Jobronski Gilbert) he said Westview was tough when he played. I told him man the rich folks have penetrated the sports here Martin isn’t tough anymore.

But I will be rooting for Milan cause I have a cousin on that team (Ballard) plus I love Milan’s culture. Mediocrity is unacceptable

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Jobronski was a heck of a player. Mad respect for him. And I agree the game will be a blowout. But I don’t know if the starters stay in long enough to score 68. We shall see. 

11 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Would be very cool, but slim. I just don't know where Anthony Brown will play in college position wise. 

I think most likely at defensive back. Rod Smith played db at Memphis and I think Anthony has a lot of the same skill set. Both are 6’2 and strong with great athleticism. Rod had about 20lbs on Anthony and in my opinion was more physical. But Anthony is faster. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. 

1 hour ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Wow that was a shot in the dark, agreed tho. My aunt lives in Martin and have family up that way. Every year after their sons graduated they supported and went to the games and quit after Coach left. I agree also that Martin is missing that dog. That O line used to get nasty for them. I remember being on the field with Chad Clifton and those Hogs out there...just tough and they would get after you for all qtrs. Honestly that’s what some teams are missing that used to have it, and that big mean line play that would find a way every down and break your will