Stone Memorial at Tullahoma

TTownFan50

4 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Poe70.  See you have someone up for MR. FB?  Isn't this the same kid that got suspended for fighting and missed a game and would have missed two games if weren't for a bye week and also has Several unsportsmanlike penalties on him early in the year?  Not to mention complete disruption in the stands for 3 years.  Kind of embarrassing. 

FYI Tullahoma faired really well one year vs. PC and Santonio Beard, Lost 14-12 in second round of the playoffs and had the lead the whole game until the last minute of the game.  

I think MC will know how to get under his skin fully this time around (1 of his unsportsmanlike)  and take him out of the game.  

Junk post.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Poe70.  See you have someone up for MR. FB?  Isn't this the same kid that got suspended for fighting and missed a game and would have missed two games if weren't for a bye week and also has Several unsportsmanlike penalties on him early in the year?  Not to mention complete disruption in the stands for 3 years.  Kind of embarrassing. 

FYI Tullahoma faired really well one year vs. PC and Santonio Beard, Lost 14-12 in second round of the playoffs and had the lead the whole game until the last minute of the game.  

I think MC will know how to get under his skin fully this time around (1 of his unsportsmanlike)  and take him out of the game.  

Cakeman, you must be harboring some ill will.  Your passive aggressive posts speak volumes.  I think a couple of points should be made....

1. Tullahoma's Mr Football nominee is certainly deserving of it.  Apparently the kid made a mistake.  He owned it, paid the consequences for it, and has moved on.  So should you.

2.   Would it not be more conducive for you to be positive when talking about your team? It's evident that you are a Tullahoma guy with an axe to grind.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Sounds to me like Cakeman is the parent of a child on the team who doesn’t get much hype or playtime?! 
Disruption in the stands? Are you referring to the air horn that sounds every time someone other that #2 makes a good play?! Hummmm... butt hurt daddy who doesn’t like that Olive doesn’t play daddy ball?! I bet I could take a few guesses at who this might be! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poe70 said:

Hello there. Not king of the mountain, yet. Plenty of work still left to reach the mountain top. Tullahoma should have moved to 5A region 6 for travel purposes only and with them being the 2nd largest 4A school, it would have made the most sense. Tullahoma didn't fair too well the 2 previous times they faced PC 4 and 5 years ago, but hey, that was during the 0-21 stretch for Tullahoma football. 4A region 5 will be competitive next year for sure. Looking forward to seeing these new matchups. At least for 1 year, anyway. 

Hey man y’all the big dogs in 4a lol. We just trying to get on the same playing field as y’all lol but I’m just messing around. Good luck with y’all’s playoffs games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Don’t bash the kid man. We made plenty of mistakes in our lives but as far a fight let me exit this conversation because the Firebirds don’t want no smoke lol

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Geez, you seem to be coming at me trying to get me to say something negative about this team. This group of young men have worked hard to accomplish a goal and finished 10-0 (as a team) in a time when no one knew if this season would even happen. Pretty much every post you have made this fall has been about trying to tear down or trying to embarrass Tullahoma football. I will say if it wasn’t for the person you reference in your post, my own son would have missed a game or 2 this season. He got between my son and another player and walked him off the field. How did we go from talking about a playoff game with Stone Memorial to bashing a kid on a public message board. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FBfan26 said:

Hey man y’all the big dogs in 4a lol. We just trying to get on the same playing field as y’all lol but I’m just messing around. Good luck with y’all’s playoffs games.

Not yet. Gotta win the gold ball to be the big dogs. Good luck to you guys as well. Go take that gold ball away from Alcoa this year and we will see you next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I mainly stick to the 1A/2A part of the football message boards but dabble in others to keep up with Grundy Co, Greenville, Alcoa, and a few others. Tullahoma seems to have quite the team this year. Just curious, was it an influx of talent or did you guys get a new coach in town that was able to turn the program around? 

14 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

I mainly stick to the 1A/2A part of the football message boards but dabble in others to keep up with Grundy Co, Greenville, Alcoa, and a few others. Tullahoma seems to have quite the team this year. Just curious, was it an influx of talent or did you guys get a new coach in town that was able to turn the program around? 

I have missed very few games over the past 8 years.  This journey started 3 year ago when Tullahoma went 8-2 regular season and 2-1 in the playoffs.   The offensive line that year was mostly freshman and we had a ferocious hard working defense.  Last year we had some injuries late in the season and looked past Dekalb County in first round of playoffs.  This year the offensive line is made up of juniors who I would say is as big and physical as any team in 4A.  We have good team speed on both sides of the ball.  We have 3 running backs, that have different styles of running, plus a running quarterback so it’s hard to focus on just 1 back.  One of the running backs did move to Tullahoma this year and is new to the team.  We also have some good receivers that don’t drop many passes.  I believe one of the best parts of the team is the kicker who puts most kickoffs in the end zone, which means teams have to drive 80 yards, no short fields.  I have to give the defense a lot of credit, they don’t give up big plays, they tackle really well...it’s a special group of kids.  This team has scored 376 points and only given up 95 in 9 games plus 1 covid win.  They are fun to watch!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

0-21 to 10-0 in 4 years. Same coaches. It started in 2018. A very talented group came through and finally put it all together their senior year with the help of some sophomores and freshmen at the time. The 2018 class showed the younger guys how to work hard. The group there now has been playing together since middle school, with a lot of success, and then add a few transfers and this is the culmination of it all. I don’t know where this season will end, but they are a fun group to watch. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear that your team is finally having some success on the gridiron TTown and Poe. Used to make many a visits to your neck of the woods during baseball season. You always fielded a talented team with a pretty big roster. Always wondered why it never translated over to the football and basketball programs. Good luck tonight from your distant neighbors on the other side of Monteagle. Hope you advance and both teams come out injury free. 

• Like 1