5A-ROUND ONE-MO.EAST @ CENTRAL

dawgs82

Well, we made it to the playoffs. Didn't know if that would be the case at the beginning of the year with Covid and all. Not pleased with the lack of discipline this Central team shows. How many yards in penalties did we have last night, 200 or so? It will eventually get us beat! The personal fouls, chest pumping, standing up after a tackle and glaring at the player or other teams sideline, holdings, MOUTH RUNNING, you name it, we can do it. Just play the play and get your _ _ _  back in the huddle! 

We should win Friday night, but a bad trend is developing here. Fix it coaches! You are the only ones that can!

My Dad always said, "if you are good, you don't have to tell people! They'll see it! Problem is this team could be good, but ego's are in the way.

***I know, somebody go ahead and ask me how I really feel. LOL***

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Well, we made it to the playoffs. Didn't know if that would be the case at the beginning of the year with Covid and all. Not pleased with the lack of discipline this Central team shows. How many yards in penalties did we have last night, 200 or so? It will eventually get us beat! The personal fouls, chest pumping, standing up after a tackle and glaring at the player or other teams sideline, holdings, MOUTH RUNNING, you name it, we can do it. Just play the play and get your _ _ _  back in the huddle! 

We should win Friday night, but a bad trend is developing here. Fix it coaches! You are the only ones that can!

My Dad always said, "if you are good, you don't have to tell people! They'll see it! Problem is this team could be good, but ego's are in the way.

***I know, somebody go ahead and ask me how I really feel. LOL***

East defense is terrible. Their quarterback is ok. He overthrows a quite a bit.

Dawg I understand your frustration and a couple times yes there was some mouth running going on. But just my overall opinion was that was the softest referee crew I’ve ever seen last night. They called a couple late hits that were nowhere close to PFs. As coaches, we can remind the kids to knock it off. But it don’t help when the flag thrown is only one color shade :rolleyes:. As for East, good team and we must not overlook them. Need a great week of practice and good focus.

If we could just get kids to realize that it only takes 1 stupid action to get you sitting on the bench the next week. The game last night had so many implications riding on it and emotions were high from the beginning. Coaches have to preach self-control. I sat here last night just waiting for someone to get ejected.

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

If we could just get kids to realize that it only takes 1 stupid action to get you sitting on the bench the next week. The game last night had so many implications riding on it and emotions were high from the beginning. Coaches have to preach self-control. I sat here last night just waiting for someone to get ejected.

I can understand your frustration with showboating and disrespecting players on other teams, either by their mouth or actions after certain plays. We had to deal with some of the same issues a few years ago when Coach Wells was our Head Coach at Morristown East. I was not sold on hiring Slover from Newport as our head football coach at Morristown East, but he has done some very good things with our offense. East's can score with just about anybody when their passing game is clicking. This offense is near impossible to stop when our QB Henson is dial in with his passes. East problem is on Defense, we cannot stop anybody. East's run defense is one of the worst I have seen. They just do not tackle well, and when they miss a tackle it turns into a long run. East offense will need to have one of those nights next Friday where they are scoring at will to have any shot of upsetting the defending state champion. That still will probably not be enough, unless Knox Central helps us out with some timely turnover and costly penalties. Is this the game that will be televise by Mark Packer next Friday night?

3 minutes ago, EASTFAN said:

I can understand your frustration with showboating and disrespecting players on other teams, either by their mouth or actions after certain plays. We had to deal with some of the same issues a few years ago when Coach Wells was our Head Coach at Morristown East. I was not sold on hiring Slover from Newport as our head football coach at Morristown East, but he has done some very good things with our offense. East's can score with just about anybody when their passing game is clicking. This offense is near impossible to stop when our QB Henson is dial in with his passes. East problem is on Defense, we cannot stop anybody. East's run defense is one of the worst I have seen. They just do not tackle well, and when they miss a tackle it turns into a long run. East offense will need to have one of those nights next Friday where they are scoring at will to have any shot of upsetting the defending state champion. That still will probably not be enough, unless Knox Central helps us out with some timely turnover and costly penalties. Is this the game that will be televise by Mark Packer next Friday night?

What coach got the unsportsmanlike penalty against Crockett last night? That was the awfulness officiating I've seen.

1 minute ago, stockton4182 said:

What coach got the unsportsmanlike penalty against Crockett last night? That was the awfulness officiating I've seen.

You needed to be at the Gibbs game to see some really terrible officiating. It doesn't matter, because both Morristown High Schools are use to playing 11 against 16 ( Counting the officials). The only good think about making the playoff is, officials are watched and grade more closely. So, if you are lucky enough to advance in the playoff, the worst officials are normally gone the deeper your team goes. 

56 minutes ago, EASTFAN said:

You needed to be at the Gibbs game to see some really terrible officiating. It doesn't matter, because both Morristown High Schools are use to playing 11 against 16 ( Counting the officials). The only good think about making the playoff is, officials are watched and grade more closely. So, if you are lucky enough to advance in the playoff, the worst officials are normally gone the deeper your team goes. 

I believe Crockett was playing 16-11 last night it was ridiculous. You'll put up a heck of a fight. I didn't expect that guy that was down for a few to play anymore but I also thought he wouldn't get up and walk off the field. Hes a tough kid.

12 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

Central comes pretty fast with the pass rush. After the state championship game last year the Summit coach said they couldn't block the speed coming off of the ends. Most of that rush is back. Henson will need to get rid of it quickly if the passing game is going to work. But teams have thrown the ball on Central some. Should be a good game, I'm just glad we're getting to have the playoffs.

8 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

if central is serious about a 3-peat, making it to the state title 4/5 years and Atleast the semis for the 5th year in a row then a 5-5 MOeast team at home should be a relatively easy win.

Don't know that they have it to get there. Two or three teams in the Knoxville area have looked better.