Union City @ Peabody (2nd Round)

PHSRollTide

On 10/31/2020 at 2:53 PM, Bigsw02 said:

I don't know what we can do but whatever it is we will come out determined to get it done. You are correct in your analysis, however, the best thing we have going for us is a terrible taste in our mouths and that the Tide just might take us for granted. Just saying

Believe me Swo.  We will never take UC for granted.  They are too proudful of a program.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:00 PM, TennReb31 said:

I agree with you Purple. All of us who have played the game know how important momentum can be. We had opportunities in the last game to seize some momentum and when we didn't capitalize the momentum headed in the other direction. Once it got going good we couldn't slow it down. So, to have a chance in this game, we have to start by playing the first half like we did the last one with the exception of capitalizing on the opportunities instead of letting them go. Then if we can do that hopefully the second half plays out differently and we have a competitive game. Obviously based on the last few years Peabody is the better team so even at that we need to hope momentum gets on our side and maybe Peabody helps us out a little. But if we start strong and capitalize, you never know what can happen. I think we are a better team than the 49-7 score showed.

Having read your post and agreeing with you, I think if both teams get rid of previous mistakes, this will be a better game with the same outcome.  We did not play our best game that night and it appears UC did not either.  So lets roll the dice and see what happens.  Stay safe.

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2020 at 1:18 PM, Goldenpride said:

When we pulled the upset a few years ago, we had breaks that built that momentum. Whether it was fumbles, missed PAT’s the balled rolled our way pretty well. Obviously I think we will, but if UC can come out and stick to their game plan with no mistakes I think it’ll be much closer than 49-7. First time around I was expecting a 42-21 game just because UC always can grind the clock and make a defense tired with long drives 

After watching that in season game, I was convinced we could beat UC.  We put in an extra lineman and played lights out.  We made the breaks happen.  1st game between us and UC --both backs had 200 yards and fb had 100 yards.  Qb had yardage also.  That is about 600 total yards.  Playoff game--UC backs total yardage was less than 100 yards.  Adjustments, Adjustments, Adjustments.  Our guys knew the mistakes of the first game could be fixed. This game will be 3 TDs or more different, with the Tide on top!

Man can Friday get here sooner ?? It's the playoffs, it's the  Tide and Tornadoes ,all banter aside throw the records out the window folks !  All our smack talk don't mean a hill of beans come kickoff ! Peabody will be the favorite just like UC was when we shocked em and ended that win streak they had,that being said Roll Golden Tide ! We gotta start fast,we was a couple of mistakes away from a close one at the half last time ! There is no secret the skill players for Peabody are talented but UC is a 4 yards and a cloud of dust junk yard dog,and that's dangerous ! Who's ready for some region 7 playoff atmosphere ? Just remember since 2014 this region has won in 2014 ,2017,2018,2019 in 2A ,I talk smack harder than Joe Biden in a room full of you know the thing ! And like Trump I wanna grab that Gold Ball by the """""""! Nothing but love and respect for UC ! Flag pole meet up at the half ? I hope so ,would love to see y'all Twisty fellas ! 

5 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Having read your post and agreeing with you, I think if both teams get rid of previous mistakes, this will be a better game with the same outcome.  We did not play our best game that night and it appears UC did not either.  So lets roll the dice and see what happens.  Stay safe.

Well anybody that has watched knows y'all are the better team all things considered. But we have all watched many games where the best team lost. I believe we are good enough that with the right breaks we can pull the upset. But as you said, if we both play our best and eliminate mistakes the better team should win. We gotta hope for some mistakes and momentum and we know it CAN happen. Whether it WILL or not.... well that's what makes it fun! Thanks for the good wishes. Y'all be safe too!

On 11/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, TennReb31 said:

Well anybody that has watched knows y'all are the better team all things considered. But we have all watched many games where the best team lost. I believe we are good enough that with the right breaks we can pull the upset. But as you said, if we both play our best and eliminate mistakes the better team should win. We gotta hope for some mistakes and momentum and we know it CAN happen. Whether it WILL or not.... well that's what makes it fun! Thanks for the good wishes. Y'all be safe too!

Thx Reb.  See ya Friday. B blessed

I agree with and appreciate the Tide posters saying that you won't take my Tornadoes for granted. I'm confident that you grown men and women have the respect that you show in your posts. I'm not questioning your sincerity. However, in the minds of the 16 and 17 year old young men, who actually play the game, there might be some idea of already winning this game. Also, I'm not saying that it's going to make much difference. What I am saying is that if we can have a mental edge, it could be in that area. I can promise you, our guys have to take the Tide as serious as they can. If we can come out and get a lead......who knows?

14 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I agree with and appreciate the Tide posters saying that you won't take my Tornadoes for granted. I'm confident that you grown men and women have the respect that you show in your posts. I'm not questioning your sincerity. However, in the minds of the 16 and 17 year old young men, who actually play the game, there might be some idea of already winning this game. Also, I'm not saying that it's going to make much difference. What I am saying is that if we can have a mental edge, it could be in that area. I can promise you, our guys have to take the Tide as serious as they can. If we can come out and get a lead......who knows?

Well hopefully coach has them mentally prepared. We know Union city will come out fighting