Covington @ Milan RD 2

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I  just watched a replay of the 3 OT game again. That has to be the best display of defense on both sides of the ball that I have ever seen in regulation. Each defense only broke down on one play to allow a long score by the other team. 

In overtime, the quality of play broke down into a comedy of errors. First OT, Milan misses the chip shot FG. Then Covington fumbles the ball away on their first play.

Second OT, Covington drives to the 1 foot line, and tries a QB sneak on 4th down using Ruffin with a bad leg. Milan shuts that down. On their possession, the Milan QB proceeds to fumble the ball.

Third OT, Milan moves their QB to wideout and passes to him for the go ahead TD. On Covington's possession, Ruffin tries to pass (on one leg) and throws a wounded duck for the INT to end the game.

If the defenses play like they did in regulation, this playoff game could be very low scoring.

I thought Ruffin went out in regulation and your back up qb was in for the rest of the game until he got hurt in the second OT and then Ruffin came in for the 3rd OT??

I watched the first game on livestream. The Covington announcers were the best I've heard in high school football. "HOW ABOUT THAT HENRYYY!!" However it seemed that Milan had Covington's offense figured out and they had no answer for the Milan defensive game plan. Milan had a hard time consistently moving the ball as well, but I think Milan had more success than Covington. Taking the Dawgs 21-7

One or two big plays/a couple turnovers could be the difference

Edited by TheCovidQb

44 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I thought Ruffin went out in regulation and your back up qb was in for the rest of the game until he got hurt in the second OT and then Ruffin came in for the 3rd OT??

No, the backup QB Tanner Stewart, fumbled the first snap in the first OT and lost it. Then, he was in for the second OT. He ran the ball and his leg was hurt, and he was done for the season. Ruffin came back in on 3rd down in the 2nd OT and handed the ball to Hayes, who ran it inside the 1 yard line. On fourth down, we ran that QB sneak with Ruffin, with his hurt leg. When nobody scored in the 2nd OT, that also put Ruffin as QB in the 3rd OT.

11 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

No, the backup QB Tanner Stewart, fumbled the first snap in the first OT and lost it. Then, he was in for the second OT. He ran the ball and his leg was hurt, and he was done for the season. Ruffin came back in on 3rd down in the 2nd OT and handed the ball to Hayes, who ran it inside the 1 yard line. On fourth down, we ran that QB sneak with Ruffin, with his hurt leg. When nobody scored in the 2nd OT, that also put Ruffin as QB in the 3rd OT.

Gotcha. 

2 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

@BIGPURPLEMACHINE any idea of how many tickets are being sold? Just wondering if its more that what you guys have let in during the regular season.

No don’t know the exact number only an assumption. TSSAA is regulating the number of total tickets that are sold on GoFan. They are allowing 1/3 of the facility capacity to be sold for each game. So I will use this game as an example. Milan home side seats supposedly 3500 and visitor side 1000. When you go on GoFan to buy tickets it asks do you want to buy Covington or Milan tickets. I would assume there to be 333 Covington tickets for sale and 1167 Milan tickets for sale. That is my understanding of the way things are being done. 

• Like 1

Just now, Charger Girl said:

This is off topic , but I see where South Gibson Middle School and High School are now Distance Learning due to the amount of COVID. I pray that the Hornets are allowed to play Friday night! I would hate that for the players. 

Absolutely. Would hate that for any kids this late in the game. 

27 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No don’t know the exact number only an assumption. TSSAA is regulating the number of total tickets that are sold on GoFan. They are allowing 1/3 of the facility capacity to be sold for each game. So I will use this game as an example. Milan home side seats supposedly 3500 and visitor side 1000. When you go on GoFan to buy tickets it asks do you want to buy Covington or Milan tickets. I would assume there to be 333 Covington tickets for sale and 1167 Milan tickets for sale. That is my understanding of the way things are being done. 

Thanks for the info.  Im sure the Chargers will travel well. Everybody is looking forward to this game.

1 hour ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Thanks for the info.  Im sure the Chargers will travel well. Everybody is looking forward to this game.

I bought my two tickets today as soon as TSSAA put them on sale. Looking forward to the new version of Johnny Hale stadium. Do I understand correctly that visitors now sit on what had been the "home" side?

• Like 1