Covington @ Milan RD 2

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

The power rankings show both teams at 138. Milan get 3 for home field advantage, so that's the point spread.

The first game was about that even. Milan scored in regulation on one long run by #7, as I recall. Covington scored at the end of regulation on a great pass reception and run by Dickerson. 

The teams played 3 overtimes before the game was decided in Milan's favor. Covington lost QB Ruffin in the first half to a leg injury. Second-string QB Stewart suffered a broken leg in OT. Carson Ruffin then had to come back in OT, basically playing on one leg. I think Milan won the game in the second OT when they stopped Ruffin on a fourth-and-goal play from the 1 yard line.

How will the game Friday turn out? I don't know. It could be a blowout by one team, but I don't expect that. I anticipate another hard-fought battle between two top teams. 

I'm going to be pulling for my Chargers to advance, and I expect Coach J.R. Kirby and staff to have us prepared to play. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t know that this has any bearing on the game but it is an interesting stat. 8 of the 10 teams Milan played this year qualified for the playoffs. All 8 of those teams are still playing in the 2nd rd. Milan has wins over 7 of those 8 with Peabody being the only exception. 

Shut up stupid

19 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The power rankings show both teams at 138. Milan get 3 for home field advantage, so that's the point spread.

The first game was about that even. Milan scored in regulation on one long run by #7, as I recall. Covington scored at the end of regulation on a great pass reception and run by Dickerson. 

The teams played 3 overtimes before the game was decided in Milan's favor. Covington lost QB Ruffin in the first half to a leg injury. Second-string QB Stewart suffered a broken leg in OT. Carson Ruffin then had to come back in OT, basically playing on one leg. I think Milan won the game in the second OT when they stopped Ruffin on a fourth-and-goal play from the 1 yard line.

How will the game Friday turn out? I don't know. It could be a blowout by one team, but I don't expect that. I anticipate another hard-fought battle between two top teams. 

I'm going to be pulling for my Chargers to advance, and I expect Coach J.R. Kirby and staff to have us prepared to play. 

Sonny Moore rankings only give 2pt advantage for home field. Not 3. 

I expect it to be crowded on both sides. I expect it to be low scoring. I also expect it to be very tense considering the allegations made. Don’t be surprised if it goes into overtime once again. It’s gonna come down to heart and discipline. Who can play the best defense and not get called for penalties and trust each other. That’s how games like this are decided.

1 minute ago, BigGuy11 said:

Does Covington get Ruffin back for this game? I think both teams have VERY physical defenses, I like Milan's speed a lot but if Ruffin is back I will take Covington CLOSE 14-15 with a late TD and a decision to go for 2 and the win. 

If Ruffin does not play and Covington is forced to use the 3rd string QB then I would say Milan wins 21-0

Just now, BigGuy11 said:

If Ruffin does not play and Covington is forced to use the 3rd string QB then I would say Milan wins 21-0

That would be an interesting scenario as Covington has been running out of the spread with Fayne as the qb. That’s not what they ran in the last meeting. Will be interesting to see how Milan does against that offense.