Forrest travels to Waverly Round 2

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I totally agree but the score was 14-7 if I’m not mistaken y’all ended up scoring anyways. I might be wrong but I do agree with what your saying 

There was bad calls that went y'alls way as well . Yall got 2 first downs on plays that the balls hit  the ground and was called catches . Y'alls coaches even said we will take that.  We had a roughing the passer call where r player already had the qb wrapped up before he threw it. The refs was bad that game 

Edited by Wavo2004

5 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

There was bad calls that went y'alls way as well . Yall hot5 2 first downs on plays that the balls hit  the ground and was called catches . Y'alls coaches even said we will take that.  We had a roughing the passer call where r player already had the qb wrapped up before he threw it. The refs was bad that game 

Why are you quoting me :roflol:

same team bruh

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I totally agree but the score was 14-7 if I’m not mistaken y’all ended up scoring anyways. I might be wrong but I do agree with what your saying 

Forrest had 2 penalties that nullified long TD passes right before the half with the score tied at 14. Both were correct calls. 

14 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

There was bad calls that went y'alls way as well . Yall hot5 2 first downs on plays that the balls hit  the ground and was called catches . Y'alls coaches even said we will take that.  We had a roughing the passer call where r player already had the qb wrapped up before he threw it. The refs was bad that game 

Officials were very generous with low passes. Forrest benefitted from 2 and Waverly 1. I havent seen a replay of any of them but they all looked to have bounced. The ref crew was very experienced (old) and werent great but they didnt affect the outcome. Last year's Chattanooga crew on the other hand absolutely changed the outcome of the quarterfinal game. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2020 at 8:14 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Halftime

Waverly 28
Forrest 20

Waverly 14
Forest 12

Wavelry 14
Forrest 14

If your stats and my math are correct then Waverly has outscored Forrest 76 - 23 in the second half of three playoff games. All three games were one score games at the half. In 2020 they took knees on a 1st and goal situation. 

2nd Half

2020: 23-0 

2018:  18-7

2017:  35-16

11 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest had 2 penalties that nullified long TD passes right before the half with the score tied at 14. Both were correct calls. 

Officials were very generous with low passes. Forrest benefitted from 2 and Waverly 1. I havent seen a replay of any of them but they all looked to have bounced. The ref crew was very experienced (old) and werent great but they didnt affect the outcome. Last year's Chattanooga crew on the other hand absolutely changed the outcome of the quarterfinal game. 

Maybe you seen something we didn’t on the first pass interference but there was absolutely no touching going down the field. Shoot our CB was 3 steps behind the WR. Maybe it should have been Offensive pass interference. If that terrible call wasn’t made I really think we go down and score again and put Forrest out of their misery. 

50 minutes ago, Salem said:

If your stats and my math are correct then Waverly has outscored Forrest 76 - 23 in the second half of three playoff games. All three games were one score games at the half. In 2020 they took knees on a 1st and goal situation. 

2nd Half

2020: 23-0 

2018:  18-7

2017:  35-16

That tells me coaching adjustments!!!!!!

22 hours ago, Salem said:

The call was on the receiver not the offensive line. If #43 and #11 both are on the line the inside guy #43 can’t run a route. #11 points at the official but never Got a definitive signal and the ref didn’t hold his arm back or really tell him anything. The ref didn’t look like he knew what to do and timidly dropped his flag. I’d have to watch the entire game to see how he normally signals. Last year was a complete hose job this not so much. By game 11 the guys have to know where to line up. Exact thing happened to Groves in game 1. He lined up on the line and cost himself a 80 yard TD. 

I looked at the video again....the "inside receiver" was NOT on the line of scrimmage.