Huntland vs Fayetteville City Rd 2

phil24

52 minutes ago, InterestingDan said:

KJ Jackson looks like he is coming into his own as a freshman. Dynamic athlete for sure. How did City only beat Huntland by a score when the Hornets played without Stewart for most the game? That is shocking. If I remember correctly Huntland lost it's top 2 backs against City last season and lost a close game. This one seems like it is starting to become a rivalry

KJ is a beast. Always has been. Kid is an excellent basketball and baseball player too. Isiah Thomison is another really excellent weapon that is rarely used on the offensive side for City. I dont think City is hands down better than Huntland or MC. If MC would have sat the Defensive End that was getting dominated earlier in the game vs City, they would have won that game and if Stewart played the entire game vs City who knows what would have happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, InterestingDan said:

KJ Jackson looks like he is coming into his own as a freshman. Dynamic athlete for sure. How did City only beat Huntland by a score when the Hornets played without Stewart for most the game? That is shocking. If I remember correctly Huntland lost it's top 2 backs against City last season and lost a close game. This one seems like it is starting to become a rivalry

KJ is the real deal even at his age.  The future is bright for him.  

City ruined most of their drives with multiple penalties in the first game.  That game had the most flags I have ever seen.  No joke.

It should be noted that most teams had less time/reps to get ready over the summer due to COVID.  The games at the end of the season seem to be cleaner.

7 hours ago, Oleskooly said:

I have a lot of ties to Fayetteville. Kin to half of the county seems like. I know brother!!! 

Not sure if this is a shot at Fayetteville. The 4 transfers that have become eligible at different parts of the season grew up going to City. They went to Lincoln County for a little while and decided to come back. They sat out until they were eligible.

2 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Not sure if this is a shot at Fayetteville. The 4 transfers that have become eligible at different parts of the season grew up going to City. They went to Lincoln County for a little while and decided to come back. They sat out until they were eligible.

Trust me. If anyone knows me, I don’t take shots. I will come straight out with the truth if it is.