Huntland vs Fayetteville City Rd 2

phil24

9 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

No doubt about that. I would say when he is healthy, he hasn’t been stopped all year. Then add Johnson running after Stewart has beat the D up a little bit. Definitely tough to stop. If they can control clock and sustain drives, we will have our hands full. Penalties also hurt us the first time we played them. We definitely have to cut those down to win this game. We had done a good job the back half of the season and then had several bad ones last week. 

I think you get more out of Millraney than Johnson. I think if Johnson was used on the outside with the other 2 pounding in the inside, they would be more dynamic. 

I think Fayetteville has an easier time with Huntland this time around.  It's unlikely that City will get dinged for almost 200 yards of penalties again.  That equals quite a few points.  I just hope City players realize that other teams may try to goad them into trouble if they think it will give them an advantage .  After the ejections at the end of the Cornersville game, I believe many opposing coaches will try to "get in their head."  I bet the Tiger coaches are sending this message and the players will play a clean game.  My opinion is that Fayetteville is the better team.  We will know after Friday night.  Best wishes to all involved.

Go Tigers!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Can Huntland actually play with Fayetteville? Our game with them was so lopsided. I’m just hesitant to say Huntland has much for this Fayetteville team now. 

City barely beat Huntland without Stewart but City has added some weapons. Who knows. 

3 hours ago, phil24 said:

City barely beat Huntland without Stewart but City has added some weapons. Who knows. 

KJ Jackson looks like he is coming into his own as a freshman. Dynamic athlete for sure. How did City only beat Huntland by a score when the Hornets played without Stewart for most the game? That is shocking. If I remember correctly Huntland lost it's top 2 backs against City last season and lost a close game. This one seems like it is starting to become a rivalry

• Thanks 1