Walker Valley at West

WestHigh4Life

1 minute ago, PatriotsNation said:

Imagine if Walker Valley takes out Powell and West in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. 

Yes, let's imagine.  Best I can tell they have one common opponent. LC.

WV41  - LC 0

West 65-  LC 20

45-40 Margins of victory... 

WIll this be a 5 point game? (Or even 8 since west gets the Homefield advantage?)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PatriotsNation said:

I'm from West TN and to be honest I never even heard of Walker Valley. It sounds like it would be an amazing underdog story though to take out Powell and West in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. No disrespect to any West fans at all but from a neutral poster on this thread it would be pretty amazing.

It would absolutely be an amazing story. Their win against Powell was only WV's second playoff win ever, and I think this was also their first time hosting a playoff game (they may have hosted back when they were in 3A, although I don't remember).

Interestingly enough, their only other playoff win was back in 2016 when they stunned top-seeded Oak Ridge.

15 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

It would absolutely be an amazing story. Their win against Powell was only WV's second playoff win ever, and I think this was also their first time hosting a playoff game (they may have hosted back when they were in 3A, although I don't remember).

Interestingly enough, their only other playoff win was back in 2016 when they stunned top-seeded Oak Ridge.

Yep.... the 4 seed upset Tee Higgins and company.

14 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

The story would be even better if Rhea County finds a way to beat Oak Ridge on Friday along with a Walker Valley win. They were up 28-14 on Rhea in Evensville with about 5 minutes left in the game only to have a complete collapse and lost 31-28. Making that trip back to Evensville to avenge their last loss of 2020 for a shot in the Semifinals would definitely make for a dang good story.

• Like 1