Riverside travels to Waverly Quarterfinals

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this Waverly team is better than the Waverly team that played against Peabody in the semi finals. 

Why do I think that? 

Waverly is better coached.

The players enjoy playing for Boldin. 

This team is more talented.

This team is balanced. Offense. Defense. Sp T

“IF” Waverly rolls against Riverside (Again)... Could they end the Tides streak? 

Don’t agree about talent. Agree about coaching 

56 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

Don’t agree about talent. Agree about coaching 

Fair. But I still believe as a whole this group is more talented. You have to look at the age group also. The previous team were mostly Seniors. This team is mostly Juniors and under. Besides Gavin JD and Montez, who else as an underclassmen has really stood out early on that team compared to this team who has numerous underclassmen standing out. Yes Gavin JD and Tez were super talented. Yes we don’t have 3 “that talented” but we have numerous talented kids on this team compared to the previous team. 

41 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Fair. But I still believe as a whole this group is more talented. You have to look at the age group also. The previous team were mostly Seniors. This team is mostly Juniors and under. Besides Gavin JD and Montez, who else as an underclassmen has really stood out early on that team compared to this team who has numerous underclassmen standing out. Yes Gavin JD and Tez were super talented. Yes we don’t have 3 “that talented” but we have numerous talented kids on this team compared to the previous team. 

I’m comparing Teams. Not age groups. The team that played Peabody the first time had more talent than this 2020 team. Line Teft, Dodd, Hensley, Rumsey. Skilled -Cochran, Octavian,  , Graham Stanfield,   Don’t get me wrong I love this team and they are very talented but in my opinion not as talented as 2018. I respect everyone’s opinion. I’m ready to get this game going Friday night and put another W on the board. 

19 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

I’m comparing Teams. Not age groups. The team that played Peabody the first time had more talent than this 2020 team. Line Teft, Dodd, Hensley, Rumsey. Skilled -Cochran, Octavian,  , Graham Stanfield,   Don’t get me wrong I love this team and they are very talented but in my opinion not as talented as 2018. I respect everyone’s opinion. I’m ready to get this game going Friday night and put another W on the board. 

Dodd quit 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SPFootball1 said:

I have to agree with you on this 2018 team was more talented but we ain’t in 2018 it’s 2020. The 2016 team was the best that I personally seen. Anyways I think with the way we are playing NOW we can play with any team left. Can we beat them well that’s up to the players and coaches. Either way I’m proud of them. 

Edited by vandyfan1
  • Like 1

You River Rats check out Sams before the game. 

Anybody wanna bet on a reverse pass? I got $50 that says Riverside tries one!!!! They are going to try and pound the ball with those big guys back there in their new set. Waverly must keep their cool and play good football tomorrow night if they want any part of Region 7.