Meigs Tiger vs South Greene Rebels

Meeru

11 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Oh we know. We’ve played them the last two years. Gone 1-1. Playing at the creek bank is tough. 

Come a hair of freezing to death there one night. Don't care where you play, they are TOUGH either way. Think you have a fighters chance. You also know the lick its done by, been there, done that.

2020 Facts

Meigs is awesome and straight crushed our Rebels.

SG went 12-1 best record in school history.

SG has a Mr. Football finalists for the first time ever.

Hampton finished second in region one.

Uknoit2 is still making excuses.

SG fans are proud of there team.

Trump won the election.

Edited by GCFB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GCFB said:

2020 Facts

Meigs is awesome and straight crushed our Rebels.

SG went 12-1 best record in school history.

SG has a Mr. Football finalists for the first time ever.

Hampton finished second in region one.

Uknoit2 is still making excuses.

SG fans are proud of there team.

Trump won the election.

:roflolk:  Congrats,  you all had a dandy season!!

I was finally able to sit down an watch this game. It’s truly not that SG doesn’t have the talent, toughness and coaching staff to compete with a top tier team such as Meigs, but the thing that stood out to me most about Meigs was the strength & conditioning of the players they put on the field that night. Athletic...  That strength, conditioning and athleticism is a result from the dedication being put in the weight room during the off season. From the start until finish Meigs played every down with authority and determination and never lacked any confidence, which is also by product from the weight room and their coaching.  Meigs punched SG in the gut a few times in the 1st half and shell shock set in. SG looked like they came out in the 2nd half and played with more tenacity and grit despite knowing that a come back probably was out of reach and so I say hats off to you for not laying down and quitting.

A good Strength & conditioning training program can take a not so athletic individual and make them more mobile, agile and stronger.  When an individual sees and experiences the strength and conditioning gained from the weight room it should produce confidence.  Every player that Meigs had on the field looked well conditioned, athletic and confident.  Congratulations on your win!  I’ll truly be shocked if Meigs doesn’t finish 15-0 and win state this year. I’ll be pulling for you guys for the remaining of this season.  

Congratulations to South Greene for what they accomplished this football season. They had their best season in the school’s history with 12 wins. They had their 1st ever Mr football semi finalist. I think that’s something to be proud of, but at the same time let it humble you and motivate you to continue working toward that next step which is getting to the semis and a state championship game.

SG seems to be getting closer and closer and that’s got to be due to some of the kids putting in the hard work during the off season.  With the majority of this year’s team being heavily loaded with sophomores/Juniors and returning all but I believe 3 starters; if they ALL get In the weight room and put in that hard work/dedication to get stronger and be better conditioned it will pay off for the 2021 season.  

I believe SG will come out next season firing on all cylinders again, but will be even better.  It will be here before we know it.