Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

6 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Congrats to Milan. We’ve seen PC up close a few times in the playoffs and know, undisciplined or not, that those boys are legit and can play with anyone. I didn’t get to watch the game but  going to watch the replay in a bit, so I don’t have an opinion on what happened regarding the officiating. Regardless of that, Milan is definitely worthy of being where they are. Any team that scores 27 unanswered on the Firebirds is a stout football team. I’d like to think you guys could play ten times and each would win five. 

I think 5-5 is very realistic. 

12 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Refs changed the entire game back in Milan favor. I hate even having this conversation feels like it takes away from Milan. Crazy stuff but good luck to Milan and purp yall boys keep grinding.

Idk how you can say that while admitting the false starts were earned. The false starts are what got Milan back in the game. 

Congrats to Milan! First time back in the big one since 2012. Admittedly I was rooting for Milan because my cousins boy is on the team but I was surprised at all the penalties for both sides. The refs absolutely could've swallowed the whistle on a some of those but many were earned. The PC false starts absolutely drove me crazy. There were even a couple more they could've called but didn't if I'm not mistaken. One a different note, one can't help but wonder what Milan will look like next year with a full off-season with this staff. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Congrats to Milan! First time back in the big one since 2012. Admittedly I was rooting for Milan because my cousins boy is on the team but I was surprised at all the penalties for both sides. The refs absolutely could've swallowed the whistle on a some of those but many were earned. The PC false starts absolutely drove me crazy. There were even a couple more they could've called but didn't if I'm not mistaken. One a different note, one can't help but wonder what Milan will look like next year with a full off-season with this staff. 

The progress this team has made throughout the season has been amazing to watch. With several key pieces coming back big things are in store for this team. 

Just now, howdoitknow said:

It’s crazy to think that from 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 in their 4 years at the 3A level that Pearl-Cohn only made it to Cookeville one time in that window.  It felt like they were legitimately the best team in the state for a couple of those years.  

I respect your opinion. Just curious which two years??

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I respect your opinion. Just curious which two years??

2017 and honestly with the injuries to Tyson and Cox I’d say 2020.  Both years Pearl-Cohn slipped up and got beat and outplayed in the semifinals.  Both years they blew double digit leads.  

The crazy thing is that in 2016 they probably had the best team in 4A also.  They couldn’t get out of their own way at Memphis East in the semifinals and lost to a team that ultimately won a state title and many people felt like PC was clearly the best team in the state that year in 4A also.  

That just goes to show that football games involve so many unpredictable variables that influence the outcome and those outcomes go far beyond talent level of players.