Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You saw the chatter after the touchdown and the 15 yard penalty after the great catch. There is a reason Maryville ran him off after his sophomore season and I'm pretty sure we all got to see that part as well today.

Come On!  You're better than that.  You're an adult on a message board attacking the character of a kid and casting judgement.  That's just sad.

13 minutes ago, Wizard21 said:

Gary Rankin is a crook. It’s a shame the TSSAA has let this go on for as long as it has. It isn’t the play calling that’s won him the titles. Anybody with a brain can see the teams were formed by the tranfers. U might have 2 or 3 kids that look the part, but 22 of them is a little much. It’s a joke. 

That's the day in age that we live in.  Kids transfer all the time.  Schools are open zoned in a lot of places.  Other schools co-op and get to draw kids from outside the walls of their building.  Welcome to high school athletics in 2020 and the "do what's best for me" day in age where kids are setting up their futures in a lot of instances.  Alcoa is not the only place where this happens.  

2 hours ago, Tribefan98 said:

Alcoa sure has been talking quite a bit of trash today. Funny cause you’re a 6A football program piling up trophies in 3A. Do something impressive for once and move up a classification or two where you belong. 

It be the same thing in 6A IN 5A IN 4A where do they go then

• Like 2

I went and watched one of Alcoa practices one day just to see and WOW. There practice is like a college practice no one is standing around everyone on the move it was very very impressive and those kids put in the work for sure along with the coaches. So I can see why they like a machine. Rankin runs a very motivated practice along with there coaches first class for sure. You can say what you want to about Rankin but the man cares about those kids and his coaching staff first class for sure

Edited by rollnoles
  • Upvote 1