Milan vs Alcoa 3A State Championship

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The goal for the year at the beginning of the season was to knock of Alcoa. Going from 6-6 to a silver ball I’d say we almost accomplished that goal. I am proud of our season. I’m sure the goal next year will be to beat the 4A champs. 

Great job by your boys this year.Silver is better than nothing,I would be tickled with it.lol.Your boys may not have won but my gosh they lay wood!

• Like 1

Congrats to Alcoa on a fine season. That Grey Carroll reminds me of The Incredible Hulk when I see him play. I would fire Pruitt just for the plain fact something like that is almost in his back yard and he didn't grab this kid. I was also very glad to see Cam Burden run it in for the touchdown late in the game, that was a great run. Glad to see Cox get in one play to be a part of it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa went for 2 to set up the ending of the game with the clock running so that they could take a timeout on the final play of the game and get #12 on the field to honor his efforts as a senior football player.  That's why they went for 2 in that situation.  Quit crying about it please.  It makes you look like a sore loser.  It sounds like the Milan radio crew is a 'must hear' for all sports fans. 

Congrats to the Alcoa Tornadoes on State Championship #19.  Going for #20 next year as a program is uncharted territory for anyone.  People can talk about "playing up" all they want to but at the end of the day their kids play the schedule they're dealt and all they do is win at the highest level.  

Congrats to Coach Gary Rankin on win #453 and State Championship #16.  That's not too shabby for a Smith County native who began his coaching career at 0-10 back in 1982.  It just goes to show how much society has changed in this "instant results" world that we live in nowadays.    

Gary Rankin is a crook. It’s a shame the TSSAA has let this go on for as long as it has. It isn’t the play calling that’s won him the titles. Anybody with a brain can see the teams were formed by the tranfers. U might have 2 or 3 kids that look the part, but 22 of them is a little much. It’s a joke. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wizard21 said:

Gary Rankin is a crook. It’s a shame the TSSAA has let this go on for as long as it has. It isn’t the play calling that’s won him the titles. Anybody with a brain can see the teams were formed by the tranfers. U might have 2 or 3 kids that look the part, but 22 of them is a little much. It’s a joke. 

Alcoa was putting multiple guys in the NFL when the had less than 300 students long before Coach Rankin came to Alcoa.  Coach Rankin has created a program with great community support, amazing assistant coaches, kids that have bought in and are willing to pay the price.  He has a system that works.  Those kids put in an unbelievable amount of work for teenagers. I wish folks wouldn't try to belittle their effort and accomplishments.

• Like 1