Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

Just now, Tide21 said:

I wasn’t talking about ganaway.  I was talking about Vaughn. He only has like 400 yards. Just like last year we didn’t use dickson  we haven’t used Vaughn this year. I don’t think he had 7-800 yards last year.  I think meadows is good but I think the line blocking has allowed him to be even better. You guys have faced big teams and fast teams but not really a combination of both and Peabody has both. 

:popcorneater:

3 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

All the gurus at the Tennessean are picking Peabody. One of them predicted a Peabody win over South Greene?

I also saw this. Not real sure about the mixup and it was most likely just an accident. But if I’m a meigs player i would take that pretty personal.

3 minutes ago, TFLpride said:

I also saw this. Not real sure about the mixup and it was most likely just an accident. But if I’m a meigs player i would take that pretty personal.

Well... if they can't even get their facts straight as to who's even playing.... lol. Why credit them with knowing anything else?

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

From what video I saw of your qb he is pretty good. The teams you saw us play against ended up 10-2 and 14-0 respectively. Oneida was something like 4-5 or something like that but has a traditionally good defense year in and year out. Not sure what teams you have played would compare respectively. At best guess maybe Oneida compares to Union City... just a guess not sure.

Play style Union city compares to trousdale. Trousdale has a better line than Union city. Trousdale was super predictable this year. Honestly Union city’s offense is a harder offense to defend compared to what Trousdale ran. 

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I wasn’t talking about ganaway.  I was talking about Vaughn. He only has like 400 yards. Just like last year we didn’t use dickson  we haven’t used Vaughn this year. I don’t think he had 7-800 yards last year.  I think meadows is good but I think the line blocking has allowed him to be even better. You guys have faced big teams and fast teams but not really a combination of both and Peabody has both. 

Ah, I figured you were talking about Ganaway since he’s a Mr. Football finalist. That’s my fault

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Good post and it very well be accurate. One thing I can say with certainty is Peabody hasnt faced an offense of our caliber this year as well. Our defense isn't bad either.

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Play style Union city compares to trousdale. Trousdale has a better line than Union city. Trousdale was super predictable this year. Honestly Union city’s offense is a harder offense to defend compared to what Trousdale ran. 

that may be true, but Rankins for Trousdale was a Mr Football type player and we shut him down mostly.

Just watched a rewind of last years game. Wow.... blew our chances big time. I think last year the physicality of Peabody wore us down in the second half and just couldn’t get Swafford going again. Peabody was more physical and for the most part faster last year. They will once again be the fastest team this year with the exception of Meadows I think. In my opinion I think meigs will have the physical advantage, only time will tell. 

Predicting this game accurately is like trying to ace rocket science. There’s honestly no telling what will happen. When 2 teams that are this evenly matched, anything and everything could happen. Interceptions, fumbles, penalties, miracle plays, missed tackles... you name it. It’s just which team will make more mistakes and which team will make the most plays. You’ve got playmakers on both teams that can take it to the house on any given play so I’m gonna say the team that tackles better and is more physical will win this one. I see a similar game to last year. Looking forward to watching this one.