• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Golddoctor

Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Speed all over the field for Peabody

Good offensive line

Nasty Defense

Great backs

Good receivers

Peabody 35-14

Edited by Golddoctor
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, powerp said:

Meigs has a very good line....BUT Peabody is just on a different level.

Yep Reckon so.

I think Meigs can pull the upset If  they can throw the ball a little here and keep Peabody’s linebackers and DB’s honest.

I’ve seen both teams and I believe Meigs has the better line. I also don’t see Peabody scoring the points they are accustomed to this game either without being able to keep Meigs LB’s and secondary honest. 

Meigs will have to pass to win, but their o-line is as good as it gets, 34 is a big play waiting to happen had runs of 58 and 61 vs TC, this will be the best game all week in Cookeville(score wise anyway) I’m leaning meigs 27-21 

Seeing both teams in person I will say Peabody has the speed but Meigs has a better line also. Should be s good matchup. Meigs  wins the gold ball in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, GATA99 said:

Peabody Wins.     Meigs big boys are out of shape.  If you spread them out Peabody will have success.   Peabody 38 to 17

That’s what South Pittsburgh tried and it didn’t work.

Haven’t seen Peabody enough to make a prediction but I will say... Meigs has a good defensive line and loves to run the ball down your throat. They did just that against the future 1A 2020 State Champs this year along with many other teams. However, in big games like this, a team can rarely be 1-dimensional and win the game. I see Meigs having to use their receivers and backs out of the backfield to keep the LB’s and Secondary honest and not keying on the run every play. Making the trip last year will also help them settle in faster this go around. Hope to see a good one and as always... bring gold back East  

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

That’s what South Pittsburgh tried and it didn’t work.

It worked in 2nd half, TC had success throwing the ball out of spread in 4th quarter, the key for Peabody has to be to get to the edge, spread them out and out-athlete them