2A 2021

ChineseFlu

1 hour ago, Bushog02 said:

True, I’m just saying that night he was running for he’s life cause that line wasn’t helping him out none 

And he's good at it. Our system is a lot different. Both depended on the QB's a lot but theirs was pretty much the QB every play. We should be able to run the ball with 4 different kids and throw to 4 or 5 next season.  Its much harder to defend several kids than just one or 2.  

On 12/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, PurplePower68 said:

Meigs is supposedly the final regular season game in Jasper. Should be a good game. 

Obviously speculation, but that could be for for the #1 seed. One can hope.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:50 AM, Bushog02 said:

Forgot about Monterey, they r bring a lot back from this year, Bledsoe is still going be strong. Tyner the dark horse if they get the right coach and South Green will be someone to watch with their quarterback. Meigs still at the top out of the east till someone knocks them out. TC and Watertown r in the mix too

We will have alot of players with deep playoff experience in 21. On paper It should be one of the best years we will have as far as talent being seniors. Our qb which im really fond of as a kid and player has become an impact player much like Swafford was. Now we get to see how he does with a years more experience and workouts will do for him. 

19 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Wish my Indians were in this mix.  Gonna be a dogfight.   Looks like TC loses a ton!  Still good but not enough to win it.  Water loses a lot but I think Watertown finally gets the better of TC this year.  

Bledsoe loses the bigs up front. Got some skill guys but will be difficult without all this big boys up front.   Tyner is always a factor..Who is the coach? How much talent they lose? How much talent in the wings?

I think Meigs gets Bledsoe at home and travels to Marion. What about tyner vs Meigs. Big game there.   

Marion is young but they lost a lot. They are excited at Marion BUT  Players like Gurevra,Anthony,cannon,Wilson,ezell,Kirk,Nunez,Tillman,jolly and Logan.. all seniors correct?  That's  a lot. Plus that young talent haven't been in the big games yet and learned how to win in big pressure games. Which bring me to Meigs!   

Meigs has been there and done that recently. They lost their 2 best lineman but have some top young lineman I hear. They return their QB who is real good and both starting WR which are college potential players.

On defense is where it's at for Meigs. Returning a ton from a expierenced and talented group. All STATE and all DISTRICT players like Smith, Key, Pendergrass, Tatum to name a few. With that being said I'm thinking that Meigs has the slight advantage. They gotta get to work but they have a good coaching staff and lots of returning expierenced big game talent.. JMO. Others?  Thoughts? Opinions?

You are actually very knowledgeable about our team. We lose 3 that played defense regularly. 2 that played defense played offense alot as well.

19 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

And I have to say not much knowledge on Hampton or South green. Meigs has kicked the crap out of south green lately and Hampton played with Meigs for a bit.  No clue what they have coming back. Either one

Both of those teams fans say they will be improved next season.

18 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

South Green got a stud at quarterback 

He really was very talented at trying to keep plays alive. Very hard to chase down at times.

18 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Oh that's right. He was a mr football finalist.  Seems like Meigs shut him down though.  Not sure how good they will be. They had a undefeated season till They run into the buzzsaw named Meigs.Maybe they return a lot.  I'm not familiar with them.

South Greene suffered from an easy schedule as far as being undefeated. Their qb was a good player but won't be able to do it alone with good competition. Thats why we beat them like we did. Hampton game planned us well and was a solid all around team. We didn't manage to stop them enough on the ground or in the air enough to run away with it. Hampton offensively was a great team. Defensively could could use some work this past season. Not a knock or anything just an observation.

18 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

I was there at that game Meigs shut them down but South Green quarterback is a tough kid 

18 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

South Greene will be better next year because they only had a handful of seniors this year and really only 2 played significant minutes. Their junior class is loaded and after next year they will be rebuilding big time. They have no backup QB to Myers and as much as he runs it they better find one or be careful because without him they are WAY down. 

16 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Sounds like you boys plan on giving Meigs a good ole fashion valley whooping this year! Good luck. I may have to came watch that one.

We have a full year to prepare for said thrashing. :shock: we appreciate the heads up though.

15 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

You wouldn't thinking of swiping our QB was ya?  Marion is one of the places I hears.  So is Meigs though! Family loves the river. Whitwell also... Job can transfer about anywhere.  Im afraid my Indians are in a tough spot next 2-3  years. He probably won't move  though.  

I would be be more concerned about SP swiping some of your players!

also, there's a lot to be said for starters. Depth is Good BUT.

a lot to be said for deep playoffs experience.  That's why I give the slight edge to  Meigs.  You do have them at home though.  But they went into Trousdale and won so they probably won't be to shook up coming there.  Who's more hungry this offseason?  Could be the determining factor.

13 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Meigs has a legitimate shot next year for sure. I don't see anyone from the east winning 1A for the next 2 to 3 yrs at least.

Meigs will be Senior loaded in 21 with some of the best players I've seen us field. We will have to shuffle some players around to fill a few holes this year and hopefully be able to make some waves again.

If we get a couple lineman to step up we will be hard to beat I believe. 

16 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

We have had some in the past go to sp and there have been some of theirs come to Jasper. It is what it is. If sp would have won the title it would have helped them be more attractive to transfers. Not to be critical of any program but I don't see many kids transferring to Whitwell. 

Sequatchie will have some that will transfer from what I hear. Whether or not they come here or elsewhere is yet to be determined. Holding on to your HC for one more year will hurt for a few years. 

MC just hopes to be competitive next year. Return a lot of kids and hopefully be able to have a normal off season too. 

Competitive?  You was talking about winning the district and state earlier correct?  With all the returning players you should be in the mix.  

Who will play QB?  Will the bright lights put any pressure on the young guys when them Meigs buses come rolling in week 11?  All factors that you must consider.

4 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Competitive?  You was talking about winning the district and state earlier correct?  With all the returning players you should be in the mix.  

Who will play QB?  Will the bright lights put any pressure on the young guys when them Meigs buses come rolling in week 11?  All factors that you must consider.

:popcorneater:Lol

1 hour ago, Sequatchie33 said:

No I don't believe I said anything about winning the (district) region or state. I said we have a lot returning and should be a good team next year. 

I don't think our kids will be too worried about bright lights or buses. 

2 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

No I don't believe I said anything about winning the (district) region or state. I said we have a lot returning and should be a good team next year. 

I don't think our kids will be too worried about bright lights or buses. 

Think you will be one of the best next season, Tyner is the wild card, if they can somehow get the most out of the talent, I'm not sure anyone in 2a could hang with them, Meigs will be a chore as well.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Obviously speculation, but that could be for for the #1 seed. One can hope.

We will have alot of players with deep playoff experience in 21. On paper It should be one of the best years we will have as far as talent being seniors. Our qb which im really fond of as a kid and player has become an impact player much like Swafford was. Now we get to see how he does with a years more experience and workouts will do for him. 

You are actually very knowledgeable about our team. We lose 3 that played defense regularly. 2 that played defense played offense alot as well.

Both of those teams fans say they will be improved next season.

He really was very talented at trying to keep plays alive. Very hard to chase down at times.

South Greene suffered from an easy schedule as far as being undefeated. Their qb was a good player but won't be able to do it alone with good competition. Thats why we beat them like we did. Hampton game planned us well and was a solid all around team. We didn't manage to stop them enough on the ground or in the air enough to run away with it. Hampton offensively was a great team. Defensively could could use some work this past season. Not a knock or anything just an observation.

We have a full year to prepare for said thrashing. :shock: we appreciate the heads up though.

Meigs will be Senior loaded in 21 with some of the best players I've seen us field. We will have to shuffle some players around to fill a few holes this year and hopefully be able to make some waves again.

If we get a couple lineman to step up we will be hard to beat I believe. 

We're kinda in the same boat Yeti. We have a couple spots to fill and if we do I believe we will be good (barring injuries) by the end of the season. We should have the fastest team we've had for sure. Definitely be the biggest team we've had in a very long time.