2A 2021

ChineseFlu

21 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

No worries about the line. Not about  losing starters. Of course anyone would love to keep starters. What I was meaning is that we used so many different guys on the line that there is a lot of experience coming back and should be a little bigger next year. 

As far as qb Taye was better at qb in my opinion. I would rather have him at wing though because you can do so much more with the offense that way. QB next season will be key as to how far MC will go in the playoffs. May be a surprise as to who is actually under center next year. 

You wouldn't thinking of swiping our QB was ya?  Marion is one of the places I hears.  So is Meigs though! Family loves the river. Whitwell also... Job can transfer about anywhere.  Im afraid my Indians are in a tough spot next 2-3  years. He probably won't move  though.  

I would be be more concerned about SP swiping some of your players!

also, there's a lot to be said for starters. Depth is Good BUT.

a lot to be said for deep playoffs experience.  That's why I give the slight edge to  Meigs.  You do have them at home though.  But they went into Trousdale and won so they probably won't be to shook up coming there.  Who's more hungry this offseason?  Could be the determining factor.

18 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

You wouldn't thinking of swiping our QB was ya?  Marion is one of the places I hears.  So is Meigs though! Family loves the river. Whitwell also... Job can transfer about anywhere.  Im afraid my Indians are in a tough spot next 2-3  years. He probably won't move  though.  

a lot to be said for deep playoffs experience.  That's why I give the slight edge to  Meigs.  You do have them at home though.  But they went into Trousdale and won so they probably won't be to shook up coming there.  Who's more hungry this offseason?  Could be the determining factor.

We have had some in the past go to sp and there have been some of theirs come to Jasper. It is what it is. If sp would have won the title it would have helped them be more attractive to transfers. Not to be critical of any program but I don't see many kids transferring to Whitwell. 

Sequatchie will have some that will transfer from what I hear. Whether or not they come here or elsewhere is yet to be determined. Holding on to your HC for one more year will hurt for a few years. 

MC just hopes to be competitive next year. Return a lot of kids and hopefully be able to have a normal off season too. 

Edited by PurplePower68

10 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

First year coach, new system he put in offensively and defensively in a short period of time with the way this year is. I think Marion did pretty good 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

We have had some in the past go to sp and there have been some of theirs come to Jasper. It is what it is. If sp would have won the title it would have helped them be more attractive to transfers. Not to be critical of any program but I don't see many kids transferring to Whitwell. 

Sequatchie will have some that will transfer from what I hear. Whether or not they come here or elsewhere is yet to be determined. Holding on to your HC for one more year will hurt for a few years. 

MC just hopes to be competitive next year. Return a lot of kids and hopefully be able to have a normal off season too. 

Any idea what position they play?  The potential transfers? I have heard different names.

The best programs in the area are South Pittsburgh and Meigs. For the short term 2-3 years, Meigs  has a better shot to win it all!

So you never know.

9 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Is it true That Marion dodged playing South Pittsburgh?  That's the rumor in the valley.

If correct that's weak as water!

Marion was on two week quarantine came back on Wednesday the week they were going to play South Pittsburg. Coach for Marion called it off with just two days of practice said safety reasons and preparation for the game 

1 hour ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Any idea what position they play?  The potential transfers? I have heard different names.

The best programs in the area are South Pittsburgh and Meigs. For the short term 2-3 years, Meigs  has a better shot to win it all!

So you never know.

Meigs has a legitimate shot next year for sure. I don't see anyone from the east winning 1A for the next 2 to 3 yrs at least.