Maryville College Coaching Search

5 minutes ago, BroadwayBarberShop said:

120 applicants in so far.

Three very good D3 coaches from Virginia, California, and Kentucky.

Former NFL players...Power 5 coordinators....gonna get entrisin'.

That's pretty strong.  

And hopefully Jim Chaney will be looking for a job, along with his current boss.  

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, Jetjock said:

That was for your benefit Floyd !!!!  I knew you would bite on that !!  lol     and he looks like a new man !!

Floyd can get a little testy if you hurt his feelings about Maryville College. My advise is to go in set down in the chair and if he starts talking about the Scots you need to agree especially if he's shaving your neck with that razor knife.

Here's my 2 cents which is very hard to find this year with the great coin shortage going on. I've read some good reasons for the issues I see and heard some good answers except for the coupon wisecrack. Seems to me from what I hear nothing will ever be any better than what they have now no matter who they get. I personally hope someone local gets it and they don't bring in someone that may be a high profile but here today gone tomorrow type coach. Maryville College reminds me of a reality show that you get hooked into that never goes anywhere and I would love to see that cycle stop. I'm tired of hearing Joe decided to step down as coach and spend more time with his two cats and his wife telling him to get a real job.

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Floyd can get a little testy if you hurt his feelings about Maryville College. My advise is to go in set down in the chair and if he starts talking about the Scots you need to agree especially if he's shaving your neck with that razor knife.

I don't have any problem with Maryville College or other private liberal arts colleges as long as they don't turn young folks out with a useless degree and huge student loan debt.  There are some great schools out there.  It's simply that many take advantage of young folk's inability to look at the big picture and understand what they are doing to their futures by choosing a major that has no industry and signing for those huge loans.  

But the reality, as I said, is that those schools are addicted to the easy money of student loans and aren't going to tell 18 year olds that they are making a decision that's going to come back and haunt them down the road and hamper them financially for decades to come.  

All the respect in the world for Broadway Barber.  He gets it and came from a generation that weren't coddled and given passes and easy roads.  Not the case today.