2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

1972 State Championship was in 2A with three classes only. Runner up in same class 73,74,75. The other 8 championships were in 1A.

Disgruntled parents, former disgruntled coaches, and other schools are going to revel in a period of time of less success. For example, a span of a few years with only a runner up and a couple of semi final losses. So yeah, I would say by TC standards we haven’t been “all that great” the last few years.

I would say if posters aren’t a Maryville or Alcoa alum with comparable state championships AND more recent success, they can shut their hole cause they suck infinitely more. 

Hey, I pretty much said you guys wouldn't let it stand for anyone to be critical of your falling off, and here ya go, Deal and Sideline who probably both teach PE in TC. 

Seriously, you have no QB for either style or play, an injury prone RB, no O line, and no D line.  You'll stay upright by beating the same old cupcake district opponents you always do, I even think you'll make the playoffs bc your region is garbage.  You will not win a state title in the next 8 years, you just don't have the horses in the pipeline.   

5 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

The giveaway troll clue is the “aren’t all that great” to begin with. State record 33 straight years making the playoffs, something like 88 playoff wins, and of course 9 state titles and 4 runner up finishes. If those glory days aren’t all that great, your expectations are little out of whack.  Very few schools in TN at any classification can claim better.  

Nobody is saying you don't have a storied past, people are saying your squad next year doesn't have the players.  Jesus, you'd think we were calling your moms awful names.  You guys just don't have the kids, and the ones you got aren't gonna get you there with almost any coach. 

Stop taking offense and look at your O and D line.  Case closed.

6 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Clint was a heck of a coach, but let's not act like TC is on the moon.  Wilson, Sumner, and Macon fed Clint alot of talent not born and raised in Hartsville.  Then they lined up against 1A rural teams.

1972- Defeated Kingston in 2A

1990- Defeated DCA and FRA 

1993- Defeated South Pittsburg and USJ

1997- Defeated DCA, CPA and Clarksville Academy

1998- Defeated Friendship, FRA, CPA, South Pittsburg and USJ

2005- Defeated Friendship and Union City

2008- Defeated Silverdale and South Pittsburg

2009- Defeated Friendship and Boyd Buchanon in 2A

2013- Defeated Goodpasture and Knox Grace in 2A

Name the players on teams coached by Clint that were not "born and raised in Hartsville". I would assume it is okay with you if they were born in Trousdale County but not in the city limits of Hartsville. 

I only included, for the most part, private schools to disprove your inaccurate statement. No sane person would throw shade at South Pittsburg, Union City, or Kingston in the early 70's. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

7 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

1972- Defeated Kingston in 2A

1990- Defeated DCA and FRA 

1993- Defeated South Pittsburg and USJ

1997- Defeated DCA, CPA and Clarksville Academy

1998- Defeated Friendship, FRA, CPA, South Pittsburg and USJ

2005- Defeated Friendship and Union City

2008- Defeated Silverdale and South Pittsburg

2009- Defeated Friendship and Boyd Buchanon in 2A

2013- Defeated Goodpasture and Knox Grace in 2A

Name the players on teams coached by Clint that were not "born and raised in Hartsville". I would assume it is okay with you if they were born in Trousdale County but not in the city limits of Hartsville. 

I only included, for the most part, private schools to disprove your inaccurate statement. No sane person would throw shade at South Pittsburg, Union City, or Kingston in the early 70's. 

Never said Clint wasn't a good coach.  Said, you guys vastly overrate yourself as some kind of football factory.  You thrived during a period of wild classifications, and illogical districts where 2,000 enrollment teams played 100 enrollment teams in district play.  Now with the playing field as level as ever, you guys are finding out you are middle of the pack at best. 

7 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

To my knowledge no one has claimed Trousdale County is near the moon. 

Truth is, you tend to get players with 3-6A talent from local counties where they will not star, I'm no TC historian but there are plenty in your history.  Unless you wanna do like some this year and completely deny it despite the fact some of the boys never went k-8 in TC and magically appear.  Then you play small schools, even back then.  The reclassifications in the past decade have murdered you guys.   

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Never said Clint wasn't a good coach.  Said, you guys vastly overrate yourself as some kind of football factory.  You thrived during a period of wild classifications, and illogical districts where 2,000 enrollment teams played 100 enrollment teams in district play.  Now with the playing field as level as ever, you guys are finding out you are middle of the pack at best. 

Name the players. You spouted off about Clint having out of county players. Name them.

Then you stated TC has had success because they only play small rural schools, like themselves, which is plainly incorrect. This other garbage about 2000 enrollment teams playing 100 enrollment teams makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, Sidelinehustler said:

Name the players. You spouted off about Clint having out of county players. Name them.

Then you stated TC has had success because they only play small rural schools, like themselves, which is plainly incorrect. This other garbage about 2000 enrollment teams playing 100 enrollment teams makes no sense whatsoever. 

On 1/16/2021 at 3:35 PM, Sidelinehustler said:

I thought we didn’t have talent? Which is it?

You don't, not now, bc they are going elsewhere.  You're having to rely on homegrown talent and that well is running dry.

Also, seems to me, TC has made it a point to play small schools and christian schools every year, conference or not.  Gotta get those cupcakes in, when you are already in a cupcake district.  Last legit great regular season win was Lebanon a few years back.  

On 1/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, Sidelinehustler said:

So, how long did you play for Clint?  What's it like working for him?