2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

Agree with Chinese flu. With 9 classifications now it’s likely easier to win it all than 20-30 years ago. Private schools are out and six public classes. Most of TC’s titles were under 3-5 classes with private schools still playing with public. Even though the population keeps expanding with more teams, not sure it’s tougher now with so many classifications. Ghost will need to explain this one in a little more detail. 

30 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Agree with Chinese flu. With 9 classifications now it’s likely easier to win it all than 20-30 years ago. Private schools are out and six public classes. Most of TC’s titles were under 3-5 classes with private schools still playing with public. Even though the population keeps expanding with more teams, not sure it’s tougher now with so many classifications. Ghost will need to explain this one in a little more detail. 

I played in the 90’s. I was at the championship game when trousdale stomped USJ. Peabody had about 10 to many students to be in 1a that year maybe less. Prior to the season Peabody scrimmaged usj and put a smack down on them. They even pulled their mr football so he wouldn’t get hurt. Peabody went on to be mediocre in 2a that year.  Usj walked to the state championship and trousdale was leaps and bounds better than usj.  The majority of the best teams in the state were in 2a back then    Just food for thought 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I didn’t say all did i ? 

So you’re saying that 2A was stronger, on average, than any of the other classes in the state? Or just 1A?

On average, 2A should be better than 1A and so on up the ladder to 6A. Otherwise, we should just have one class. Average being the key word. Obviously some smaller schools are better than larger schools. The state is littered with smaller schools defeating larger schools every Friday night of the season. 

59 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

So you’re saying that 2A was stronger, on average, than any of the other classes in the state? Or just 1A?

On average, 2A should be better than 1A and so on up the ladder to 6A. Otherwise, we should just have one class. Average being the key word. Obviously some smaller schools are better than larger schools. The state is littered with smaller schools defeating larger schools every Friday night of the season. 

2a in the 90’s was significantly better than 1a in the 90’s.  There was a large gap.  It’s much closer today. 

1 minute ago, Sidelinehustler said:

I saw Milan in the championship in 98. They were better than the 2A winner this year IMO.  :D

My be so. This years 2A champ was awfully good. I think the big difference was that 2A then was much more competitive mainly because there was only 7 classes and privates could still play in D1. We lost to Huntingdung that year who had a heck of a squad and we gave them some payback in the qtrs. Union City in the semis and David Lipscomb in the finals were also stout teams. Trenton this year was a beast though.