2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

On 2/11/2021 at 12:50 PM, Yeti said:

I would agree with this post.

Kids these days were raised by our generation, so who is to blame for some softness?  You guys speak in antecdotal nonsense and can never back up your claims.  Kids are faster, stronger, and play year around now and there are benchpress stats, 40 times, and a plethora of stats to prove my claim.  If 50% of the kids who play now are pansies, and the remaining 50% are bigger, stronger, and faster, it still proves my point.  More kids are playing than ever, which creates a greater era of competition as well.

Put this tired argument to rest guys, your generation would get stomped by these boys.  You got old and things evolved, deal. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:21 AM, ChineseFlu said:

50% of the kids that play today, wouldn't have made it in the 60's, 70's, or 80's.  No water breaks, tackling drills that are forbidden today, and  coaches that literally manhandled players.  Forget about the endless conditioning sessions that took place.  A kid today gets a rough talking to by a coach and 12 parents are at the school the next day wanting him fired.  I am not saying the talent was better or worse, I am just saying those kids were tougher

Three a day practices were killer in 102°.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:43 PM, ghostofthepast said:

I forgot for a split second that this board was filled with dudes 19- 80 who think their generation is the best.  My bad, yes, you guys were all Zeus, and your decade was the best, and you can all throw footballs over mountains like uncle Rico.

Oakland this year beats any team you guys ever played on, easily.

Big difference in a 6A team with 140 players on the field versus a 2A team with 40. 

3 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Big difference in a 6A team with 140 players on the field versus a 2A team with 40. 

But your guys said that back then you played with and won against big schools? Was that not accurate?  Seems like there are some mixed signals in your messages. According to above posters, the 96 team coulda beat NFL franchises... The delusion is real, Uncle Rico.uncle_rico_2.jpg

Edited by ghostofthepast
grammar

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast said:

But your guys said that back then you played with and won against big schools? Was that not accurate?  Seems like there are some mixed signals in your messages. According to above posters, the 96 team coulda beat NFL franchises... The delusion is real, Uncle Rico.uncle_rico_2.jpg

I thought you were talking about playing this year's Oakland team? Back in 96, teams like Oakland only manned around 60 players so if we had 40 it is more even.  

Since you say the same old crud over and over to slam TC I have a tendency to just skim over your posts and not really read them. 

17 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I thought you were talking about playing this year's Oakland team? Back in 96, teams like Oakland only manned around 60 players so if we had 40 it is more even.  

Since you say the same old crud over and over to slam TC I have a tendency to just skim over your posts and not really read them. 

Yeah, that happens when someone beats you with actual logic and not opinion.  So which is it?  So all the players play huh?  Doubtful. Just more excuses. Pick a lane and stay in it please, gents.

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast said:

Yeah, that happens when someone beats you with actual logic and not opinion.  So which is it?  So all the players play huh?  Doubtful. Just more excuses. Pick a lane and stay in it please, gents.

Go pick a team and stay loyal to them.

Try Macon or gordy. They would celebrate you there. 

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 8:52 PM, pujo said:

I,m LOVING what I,m seeing Bulldog land.

Bulldogs will only get bigger and better if cland gets absorbed into Hampton.  One feller mentioned about how small towns are getting smaller and that is the truth.  As a 1995 graduate with 62 in our class,  the enrollment has dropped to 189.  The only detriment to Hampton is it may put them in 3A with Alcoa. 

28 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Bulldogs will only get bigger and better if cland gets absorbed into Hampton.  One feller mentioned about how small towns are getting smaller and that is the truth.  As a 1995 graduate with 62 in our class,  the enrollment has dropped to 189.  The only detriment to Hampton is it may put them in 3A with Alcoa. 

I'd say Hampton will still be 2a,they are only 7 over 1a now, not all the kids at cloudland will go to Hampton.