2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

On 1/25/2021 at 11:38 AM, JohnDutton said:

I wouldn't say lost the house.  Rankins leaves a huge void no doubt, but the mortgage is still going to get paid.  I look for TC and Watertown both to have underclassmen to step up and surprise some folks.  I can see both of these teams being in the Top 5 again.   

I'm ready to be jumped on by the TC elite, but, highly doubtful.  They are only going to be competitive in a weak district.   

On 1/31/2021 at 8:38 PM, ghostofthepast said:

I'm ready to be jumped on by the TC elite, but, highly doubtful.  They are only going to be competitive in a weak district.   

Got to trust the process.  I've seen loaded TC teams under perform and not make it past the 3rd round.  I've also seen TC teams that people said were a couple years away from the Gold Ball bring it home early.  You never know what you may get when dealing with high school kids.   A couple true special athletes in 2A football can go a long ways.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JohnDutton said:

Got to trust the process.  I've seen loaded TC teams under perform and not make it past the 3rd round.  I've also seen TC teams that people said were a couple years away from the Gold Ball bring it home early.  You never know what you may get when dealing with high school kids.   A couple true special athletes in 2A football can go a long ways.  

Not in the modern landscape.

If they couldn't do it with that stacked class of 2018-2019 I doubt these guys are getting it done.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:08 PM, ChineseFlu said:

how is it that much different?  I watch high school games today and they run a lot of the same stuff that was run all through the decades.  The "spread" a lot of teams run today is nothing more that the single wing with wide receivers.  I'm seriously not trying to argue or be a jacka** , but please expand.

Year around workouts, training conditioning.

Much larger populations everywhere.

Greater emphasis on the success of the sport.

Do I need to keep going?

On 2/4/2021 at 8:30 PM, ghostofthepast said:

Year around workouts, training conditioning.

Much larger populations everywhere.

Greater emphasis on the success of the sport.

Do I need to keep going?

Year round (since 70's at many places),  much larger population (no, most small towns are smaller), greater emphasis (no, used to be at many schools a player would go through spring practice before the joined the baseball or track teams.  That doesn't happen now),  So yes you may need to keep going

On 2/4/2021 at 9:12 PM, Sidelinehustler said:

I want to thank you. You have been quite helpful to me. When I feel bad about my IQ I come here and read your posts. 

Dude, why are you harassing me?

I have never posted on your comments first, yet you always pick the fight.  You are honestly telling me that the game is easier now to win than then?  You scream of someone who played in the 80-90's for Clint, and then he hired, and basically sits all day long trying to defend the honor and the glory a legacy nobody remembers.  Guys like you get on here and talk about how middle schoolers are gonna develop, and how you own Watertown, and how the stadium needs upgrades, yet you live in one of the poorest areas of TN, no real job market, you pay your educators peanuts, your coaches always leave, no real commerce, factories, or businesses of your own in TC, this is all you guys have.  Your biggest employers are your school system, and a prison, and you probably work for one of them while alot of your former athletic stars either work at or are incarcerated in the other.  You guys just aren't that team anymore, and every time someone says it, the monkeys come out the beat their chest about former glory.

Go make the kids walk laps.

I'm out.

20 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

Year round (since 70's at many places),  much larger population (no, most small towns are smaller), greater emphasis (no, used to be at many schools a player would go through spring practice before the joined the baseball or track teams.  That doesn't happen now),  So yes you may need to keep going

So, you are telling me that specialization of sports in this state. Camps, school recruitment, money...  TSSAA monetization of sports, an increased population in like 80% of Tennessee schools.  The addition of more schools, more college programs, and more everything is to be ignored?

I don't think I will, seems like yelling into an abyss at this point.

The difference in the "old days" and now is the training and quality of coaching. In the 70's and before not every team even had an off season weight program that compares to today. And the breakdowns and game prep far exceeds the past. In fact there was a time when many teams allowed the QB to call plays. Not that there were not great players and teams yesteryear, but the game and prep has evolved. Those 70 teams could not compete with today teams. They were smaller, weaker and underdeveloped. 

On 2/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, Tata said:

The difference in the "old days" and now is the training and quality of coaching. In the 70's and before not every team even had an off season weight program that compares to today. And the breakdowns and game prep far exceeds the past. In fact there was a time when many teams allowed the QB to call plays. Not that there were not great players and teams yesteryear, but the game and prep has evolved. Those 70 teams could not compete with today teams. They were smaller, weaker and underdeveloped. 

Those 60,70 and 80's team might not beat them, but they would hurt them bad. Young men were tough back then and played I know with torn acl's before we even knew what they were.  To say what you did about not competing I for one think your totally wrong. Kids now are soft and couldn't take a 48 minute whipping from those tough dudes.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sportman said:

Those 60,70 and 80's team might not beat them, but they would hurt them bad. Young men were tough back then and played I know with torn acl's before we even knew what they were.  To say what you did about not competing I for one think your totally wrong. Kids now are soft and couldn't take a 48 minute whipping from those tough dudes.  

Spoke like someone who who can't accept the game has evolved and he is old.  Those older guys couldn't catch most of these kids, and these kids are bigger and stronger, so I have no idea what you are talking about.