Summertown Loretto Round 1

pioneer42

On 1/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

I see you wasn’t too far off

Both teams played good defense. Summertown just a little too much. I like their chances to win the District Tournament and see rematches possibly in the Region with Loretto and McKenzie and Huntingdon and Summertown. I predict Loretto will have their hands full with McKenzie. They can play.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Both teams played good defense. Summertown just a little too much. I like their chances to win the Diareict Tournament and see rematches possibly in the Region with Loretto and McKenzie and Huntingdon and Summertown. I predict Loretto will have their hands full with McKenzie. They can play.

Yea I remember Weathers from last year.  I believe they had her as the number 4 junior in Tennessee. I don’t remember much help last year, how is her supporting cast look? 

21 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I remember Weathers from last year.  I believe they had her as the number 4 junior in Tennessee. I don’t remember much help last year, how is her supporting cast look? 

She lost some players last year.They played a slow half court game for the most part and had trouble with Summertown’s defense. Loretto had a freshman PG that looked good as well as Weathers little sister and Kinsey Weathers. Summertown just a really good team that made them look worse than they are. Loretto is a good team. Do think Gibson County, McKenzie and Clarkrange will full court press the whole game against these two and will put more pressure on the ball for sure.

Edited by pioneer42

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

She lost some players last year.They played a slow half court game for the most part and had trouble with Summertown’s defense. Loretto had a freshman PG that looked good as well as Weathers little sister and Kinsey Weathers. Summertown just a really good team that made them look worse than they are. Loretto is a good team. Do think Gibson County, McKenzie and Clarkrange will full court press the whole game against these two and will put more pressure on the ball for sure.

I hope I can catch some of y’all’s regional tournament. Hopefully you can get me a ticket(if I can check y’all out) and I can definitely possibly find you one(if you like) I know the district & regional tournaments will be very different but hopefully we can finish this year 

You have to tip your hat to Summertown.  They have a group of seniors and surrounding cast that are tough and play a hard brand of defense.  They shoot the 3 ball well too.  They will be a tough out in tournament play.  I expect to see them in the state as one of the favorites.  Loretto has got match their physical play and shoot the ball better.  It should be a good one in the Barn in a few weeks.  These are the games that get you ready for tournament play.  I believe both of these teams will make it to state.

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I hope I can catch some of y’all’s regional tournament. Hopefully you can get me a ticket(if I can check y’all out) and I can definitely possibly find you one(if you like) I know the district & regional tournaments will be very different but hopefully we can finish this year 

Looks like the extended order is until the 27th of Feb. Now they are letting teachers and grandparents. How will they monitor that at the gates?? 

Edited by pioneer42