Top Guards Class AA

Guest auburnfreak

I think my wife thought more an assist then she did a bucket. Myself, I shot, but her on the other hand. When she played at Scott County--mid 90s and Roane State--late 90s she would rather get an assist and shoot when the opportunity arose. It seemed that for her soph and sr years the Livingston teams that went to and won a state kinda got in their way with some classic contests. Her jr year was terrible in that her and the shooting guard go down with ACLs.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDTBB my friend,

You couldn't have said it better my friend. Who cares about who is in or who is the top 5 ot top 10 guards in the state. If you are getting a "ride" to play in college your the real winner. Yes, it is fun getting on CoachT.com and having fun with who we think is good or who we have seen that can play the game. But...in the game of life, if a coach thinks you are good enough to go on and play, whether it be at a JUCO, NAIA, Div 3, Div 2, or Div 1 you are the real winner in this game.

You are so right...a lot of times, all these girls win Miss Basketball, get top honors in the state, yadda,yadda,yadda, and I hate to mention it again, but West Tennessee gets no credit. Yet, for the past I don't know how many years, we have sent DOZENS of girls D-1 for years. Last year Memphis alone sent one to Kentucky, Texas A&M, Louiville, UT-Martin,UT-Chattanooga, and other schools. This year, there are more than that going D-1 Ole Miss, Arkansas State, Alabama, Memphis, etc. The next wave is going to get better as up and coming girls in our area are getting recruited by UT, UConn, LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Virginia, Duke, etc.Personal accolades do not outweigh team accomplishments so in reality, the All-every thing, Miss-everything awards matter only little...they're good to have if you have a paid for education at a good school to go along with it and the good attitude and scholastic mentality that is earned with the awarding of a basketball scholarship.

Senior guard Melissa Harvey is a good shooter and player for Sequatchie County (Class AA). I would not call her one of the best in the state, but she is worthy of mention. She averages 19 points a game and does a good job of running the team as a point guard, is better on defense and ballhandling this year. The team is 9-7 not great but not too bad after losing 4 senior starters and most of the points, rebounds and defense from last year's 25 win team. She plays virtually every minute as the team lacks depth (6 usually play).

[Edited by Indian on 1-31-03 4:19P]