A-AA Pound for Pound

rideOut

5 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Ok cool, the same argument could be made about Beast of the East as well as Fargo. The second I'd argue is a bigger medal than Super32

We could argue the different style makes Fargo less impressive than Super32. 

The only common opponent I have seen when following them is Jimmy Harrington. He beat Trae at Elite 8 duals. Hunter Mason beat Jimmy.
I’m not a big fan of the transitive property in wrestling, but to blatantly say Trae is superior is ignorant.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

This is absolutely the truth.  Would be great to see McDaniel, Mason, and Ivy at 138.  Throw in Hylton, Belcher, and Fort plus a handful of others and it would truly be must see wrestling.  The funny part is that I think the boys themselves really want this.  

You would see fewer 4X State Champions and if a 32 man bracket was used for the state tournament most matches after the round of 32 would be 3 points or less.  I am old enough to remember that once you reached the round of 8 matches would be extremely close and often could go either way.  As it is many of the good kids run from each other.

On 2/7/2021 at 10:51 AM, rideOut said:

I had a hard time with the 220 weight class, there are a lot of quality wrestlers and it'll be a fun bracket to watch in two weeks. Between Morton, Wolfe, Pacetti, and with Clevenger's win over Algarawi yesterday he could also make some noise. It'll definitely be a tough road for any of them to claim the title.

Clevenger wrestled his heart out at 285. Respect!! 
But...at 220...The Deuce was loose! Pin for the win. 1,2,3,4,5!  He better call State Farm for a jewelry rider!!!

Wolfe is a heck of a young man. Nothing to be ashamed of.

32 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Clevenger wrestled his heart out at 285. Respect!! 
But...at 220...The Deuce was loose! Pin for the win. 1,2,3,4,5!  He better call State Farm for a jewelry rider!!!

Wolfe is a heck of a young man. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Atwood from Trousdale almost pulled the upset of the day. I was shocked Morton struggled against him but that scared seemed to motivate him to finish strong.

and you are right about Clevenger I don’t think I have seen anyone weigh less than 210 almost win the Heavyweight Divison.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:08 PM, District12AA said:

Atwood from Trousdale almost pulled the upset of the day. I was shocked Morton struggled against him but that scared seemed to motivate him to finish strong.

and you are right about Clevenger I don’t think I have seen anyone weigh less than 210 almost win the Heavyweight Divison.

That Atwood was a WIDE BODY. He made it difficult for Deuce. But the boy has no quit in him. His father said after he got a taste his Freshman year, he wasn’t satisfied with “a good showing”. He said he wanted it all. Dang if he didn’t take it. 5 times over.