CLASS AA STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

25 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I didn't realize brackets would be like this instead of the normal meeting with the blind draw this year!!

Westview and Jackson South Side both win and York and Macon wins it will be better than Studio Wrestling on here for a couple of days. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

When did they make the decision to do away with the draw?

When COVID happened evidently...I'm almost positive the coaches meeting is virtual as well so instead of doing a draw virtual then they went this route. I think once COVID protocols are out then they are going back to the draw

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

When COVID happened evidently...I'm almost positive the coaches meeting is virtual as well so instead of doing a draw virtual then they went this route. I think once COVID protocols are out then they are going back to the draw

Alright, I guess that makes sense.  Its irrelevant at this point anyway.  Got to win Saturday before it matters.

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview and Jackson South Side both win and York and Macon wins it will be better than Studio Wrestling on here for a couple of days. 

If Upperman didn’t get upset you may have been right! Even if Upperman played their best game it would have been a tall task to beat either one of those teams at state. Upperman at their best was 10 points better than Macon or York. York picked the right game to execute their gameplan and make that Half court heave. I don’t believe York goes on the road and wins their substate game.  Macon will be in a battle with Central but should pull away late if they are the more physical team. They will have the best player on the court in Gregory. 

6 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

If Upperman didn’t get upset you may have been right! Even if Upperman played their best game it would have been a tall task to beat either one of those teams at state. Upperman at their best was 10 points better than Macon or York. York picked the right game to execute their gameplan and make that Half court heave. I don’t believe York goes on the road and wins their substate game.  Macon will be in a battle with Central but should pull away late if they are the more physical team. They will have the best player on the court in Gregory. 

I don’t know about that. You are saying you don’t think even Upperman’s best game they couldn’t beat Westview or South Side??? I thought in here a month ago Upperman couldn’t be beat statewide. I think the first round could be very interesting. Central goes to Macon and York goes to Meigs right?? Sounds like two battles.

Edited by pioneer42

16 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t know about that. You are saying you don’t think even Upperman’s best game they couldn’t beat Westview or South Side??? I thought in here a month ago Upperman couldn’t be beat statewide. I think the first round could be very interesting. Central goes to Macon and York goes to Meigs right?? Sounds like two battles.

It would have been a tall task not impossible! But upperman would have been the only shot 8AA had of beating either one is all I was getting at. And that’s just my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It would have been a tall task not impossible! But upperman would have been the only shot 8AA had of beating either one is all I was getting at. And that’s just my opinion. 

These games we honestly are not 100% on any of them. Never know what may happen up there. Macon is always solid and well coached.