Macon vs Grainger- Championship

tnchad1980

Who gets the gold???  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Gold is going home with

• Macon County
    • Grainger

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/13/2021 at 05:00 PM

Congratulations to the champions, Macon County. You played tough and deserved this victory. Last year must have been a tough disappointment for all involved. Good job, Coach White. this has been a long time coming. I know you will enjoy this.

Best wishes to Grainger County, a team who did a good job representing our district. Three senior Lady Grizzlies will start playing in the fall at the next level here in East Tennessee. I look forward to watching you play from time to time. You did well!

22 hours ago, sthomas1862 said:

Just not sure Macon can match-up with Grainger. Who would guard Grainger's big girl? She is more of a guard than a post. Kill you on the 3 or take you in the post. Macon is really quick but Grainger plays some killer defense. Either way great match up! It will be a great game.

That didn’t age well

30 minutes ago, tnhoosier said:

I think people forget, that shot put it to OT.  York went out and won the OT.

If it does not go in Upperman wins in regulation and York’s season ends. Also Macon barely beat York 2 nights later. York was better than some of the teams at MTSU. Certainly Upperman was. Macon got it’s well deserved Gold Ball and now 5 of the 8 programs in 8AA have at least one State Championship. It’s going to stink breaking up this highly competitive and fun district. 

• Like 1