unapproved website final Chattanooga area rankings 20-21

FootballFan51

According to MP (based only on scores submitted, so certainly not scientific), for Chattanooga area top TN 10 teams this year were:

1. Bradley Central 

2. Meigs County

3. Tellico Plains

4. Cleveland 

5. Whitwell

6. McMinn Central

7. Silverdale Academy 

8. Baylor

9. McMinn County

10. Warren County

The biggest misplacements I see are that Tellico Plains is too high on list (play a very easy schedule) and McMinn County maybe a few spots too low (but beaten handily by McMinn Central both times). Also, Baylor may have been school most impacted by COVID in Chattanooga area. At full strength, they could probably compete with all on here but Bradley, but they had losses to some really bad teams when they had key players out. I was surprised that Signal Mountain was 13th, but they did lose to a few teams on this list & also lost to Polk County (12th on list), 

The other thing that jumps out to me is how bad Hamilton County public schools are. The lack of a good AAU & youth development program in Chattanooga is glaring. 

Edited by FootballFan51

4 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

According to MP (based only on scores submitted, so certainly not scientific), for Chattanooga area top TN 10 teams this year were:

1. Bradley Central 

2. Meigs County

3. Tellico Plains

4. Cleveland 

5. Whitwell

6. McMinn Central

7. Silverdale Academy 

8. Baylor

9. McMinn County

10. Warren County

The biggest misplacements I see are that Tellico Plains is too high on list (play a very easy schedule) and McMinn County maybe a few spots too low (but beaten handily by McMinn Central both times). Also, Baylor may have been school most impacted by COVID in Chattanooga area. At full strength, they could probably compete with all on here but Bradley, but they had losses to some really bad teams when they had key players out. I was surprised that Signal Mountain was 13th, but they did lose to a few teams on this list & also lost to Polk County (12th on list), 

The other thing that jumps out to me is how bad Hamilton County public schools are. The lack of a good AAU & youth development program in Chattanooga is glaring. 

Tellico would probably lose too every team on this list. Cleveland at 3 and McMinn Central at 4.

9 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

1. Bradley Central 

2. Meigs County

3. Tellico Plains

4. Cleveland 

5. Whitwell

6. McMinn Central

7. Silverdale Academy 

8. Baylor

9. McMinn County

10. Warren County

Tellico could not beat anyone on that list. 

6 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Tellico would probably lose too every team on this list. Cleveland at 3 and McMinn Central at 4.

FYI: According to that website’s ranking system Tellico would lose to Meigs by 5 and beat McMinn Central by 12 (same margin Macon beat them).

Maybe people are underestimating Tellico and they had a fine season but to claim they are right there with the elites in the area is laughable. 

Edited by Khall555

44 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

FYI: According to that website’s ranking system Tellico would lose to Meigs by 5 and beat McMinn Central by 12 (same margin Macon beat them).

Maybe people are underestimating Tellico and they had a fine season but to claim they are right there with the elites in the area is laughable. 

I think meigs would win by 20. McMinn Central by 15 or so. 

11 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

1. Bradley Central 

2. Meigs County

3. Tellico Plains

4. Cleveland 

5. Whitwell

6. McMinn Central

7. Silverdale Academy 

8. Baylor

9. McMinn County

10. Warren County

I'd go Bradley

Meigs

Cleveland 

McMinn Central 

Baylor

Whitwell 

Rest are not very good. South East is really weak.