Gomab's Team Rankings

CoachT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey GOMAB, have you checked out Loudon, they are now 13-2 with 1 loss to an honerable mention also in Class AA and one to the #1 team in District 2, they deserve some consideration to at least be honerable mention. They have the leading scorer (Hall) and third leading scorer (Moss) in the Knoxville area.

Thanks

P.S. And the A.P. now ranks them 4th

[Edited by CardinalRed on 1-15-03 8:56P]

Yeah, and Perry County is ranked #1 in the AP poll, #4 in GOMAB's poll. They started the poll at #7 and Cosby started at #9. Cosby is now ranked #2. I guess that the AP can't be accused of having a West Tennessee slant :( . Sorry, GOMAB...I had to get that jab in there. Now, having said that, I sincerely doubt that Perry County is the best single A team in the state :( . Their pluses are good height, good shooters, decent defenders, and the ever-looming legacy of Perry County basketball. Their minuses are their lack of muscle and a serious drop-off in talent past the starting 5. They should make it to the state and could possibly win it all if they are playing their best ball around the middle of March.

926, the AP continues to amaze me with their inability to accurately rank high school teams and compile all-state squads. I'd trust Gomab much more than any AP poll out there.

Having said that, I'd have to disagree with parts of your D2 poll, Gomab. I don't see BGA at #6 based upon the way they have played in D2 so far. Losses to MBA and BA should have them back a bit farther in my opinion. Meanwhile, while I know it was a tough week for D2, I don't really understand why Father Ryan moved up to #1 after losing to Brentwood Academy. While Joe Thompson may have been affected by injury, they still did not impress me at all.

I know it's probably hard to rank these teams so far since they haven't played many league games, and you did a good job as always. Well done.

Thanks for the commments, WesVols....

D-II has been particularly difficult to Rank thus far this year..... Harding, McCallie, BGA, MUS, and Notre Dame (all in the Top 6) each lost TWICE since the last time I did my rankings..... That makes is very, very tough to Rank these teams....

To me that is amazing that 6 of the Top 7 has lost Twice in such a short period.......

Guest OaklandPatriot

I like your rankings, but having Oakland 9th is a little low. They have beaten more quality teams than others ahead of them. And oh, by the way, Columbia is once again dominating a TERRIBLE district. Eventually they will have to play a GOOD AAA team (Blackman last year) and we will see what happens then. Also, the two games OHS has lost were early before the team had began to gell, and they have rematches with both of those teams (both will be victories). :confused: