4th and Forever: Alcoa

Alcoa is one of the elite football programs nationally and they are coached by one of the best to ever coach at the high school level.  A lot of fans resent Alcoa for what they are and the level in which they play but at the end of the day they've grown from an area power, to a state power, to a regional power, and are now a national power.  19 State Championships and aiming for #20 this upcoming season.  Gary Rankin is entering his 40th year as a head football coach.  He's won 16 State Championships and coached in 22 State Championship Games during his Hall of Fame career. 

I personally don't see Coach Rankin retiring before he reaches the 500 win plateau which would take 4 more seasons (average at 12 wins per season).  It would also likely get him to 20 State Championships unless someone is able to pull off a monumental upset and knock off Alcoa in the playoffs.

5 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Coach Rankins career speaks for itself so I won't touch on that much. I came away very impressed with Coach Nix. He just seems like a Coach players would do anything for. 

He was the defensive coordinator and in my opinion what made that team so good. Milan beat the brakes off several good teams last year and couldn’t move the ball at all against that defense. 

Alcoa through the years has always had that defensive lineman who an offense always has to run away from.  I can list 7-10 guys who were all extremely gifted high school football defensive linemen who were all multi-year all-state level players and who were just dominant figures who could impact an entire game with just their presence alone.

Grey Carroll

Jonathan Decker

Braylon Young

Darrell Warren

Tyler Robinson

Rae Sykes

Brandon Warren

Could you imagine playing an 'Alumni Football Game' against Alcoa with all of those guys coming after you?