District 7-AAA 2021-22

repoman

11 minutes ago, King21 said:

May not have to worry about it. They would have to go through DeKalb first, I believe. 

Crazy ol' Friday! I've told a lot of people that I talk to that Cumberland County is NOT a team anyone wants to play in a go home game. It's going to be REALLY interesting here in a few days.

I was referring to in a few years from now like 2024 or 2025. Both teams have some players on the way. Stone has 3 transfers from Cumberland that can ball and Macon’s got some kids in Jr High that can also from my understanding. Larry White said he’s going to wait and see if he can win when they’re in HS. 

No one wants to play on that 4-5 game vs DeKalb. If Upperman had won at DeKalb there would be a possibility of a 4way tie 

Edited by Khall555

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

I was referring to in a few years from now like 2024 or 2025. Both teams have some players on the way. Stone has 3 transfers from Cumberland that can ball and Macon’s got some kids in Jr High that can also from my understanding. Larry White said he’s going to wait and see if he can win when they’re in HS. 

No one wants to play on that 4-5 game vs DeKalb. If Upperman had won at DeKalb there would be a possibility of a 4way tie 

No disrespect to the 7th graders but the freshmen that are playing now will factor more into if they're legitimate contenders in 2024-25. They got dealt a tough deal having to play against some these great teams this year plus losing a couple of players along the way didn’t help.

1 hour ago, SgtBarnes said:

No disrespect to the 7th graders but the freshmen that are playing now will factor more into if they're legitimate contenders in 2024-25. They got dealt a tough deal having to play against some these great teams this year plus losing a couple of players along the way didn’t help.

This is what I think also these Freshmen girls will get better in a few years. I actually feel for them every time they play they are the “State Champions” and teams want to use them as a measuring stick but they are a small team and the State Championship team is in college (one is Conference USA freshman of the year). It is a tough title to hold for them. 

2 hours ago, sdawg said:

Tonight’s game will have big implications. The winner will be regular season champion. Losing Cumberland County would drop all the way to 4th. White could fall to second. 

Cumberland losing will match them back up in the semis. Cumberland winning gives them Upperman, correct? Tough break either way, imo.

29 minutes ago, repoman said:

Warrior this post didn't age well. I must admit I never would have thought Cchs would sweep White. Congrats to Cchs I predicted them 2nd in district. 

Ya never would hav thought it. Lots of emotions right now for the girls and the community trying to rally for their team mate under such tough circumstances. Congrats to cchs!

• Like 2