Portland purple Panther pride!

Mr. Postman1

The Panthers beat Cookeville in their first scrimmage of the 2021 season, winning 2 touchdowns to 0. They then tied Stone Memorial 0 - 0. I'm looking forward to this season and seeing what Coach Inman has in store for the Panther Program. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Wing "T" brought back to our offense. Oh, the memories of season's past with the Wing "T" offense.  :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Really good game tonight! Eagles made a couple mistakes that really hurt us but overall, impressed that a little ole 2A school can come to the big 5A and give them all they want. Loosing by a field goal sucks but both teams played hard and it was a great game! Portland’s number 15 and 25 are both going to give some teams some trouble this year, both great players! 

5 hours ago, 13sports said:

Thought Portland would roll in this one.  They did get the win.  Maybe I put too much stock in scrimmage results.  However, It looks like the teams they scrimmaged all lost in week one.  Is Westmoreland better than anticipated or is Portland below average for a 5A team?

What If I  told you Westmoreland had 4 starters out and 5 after half because we lost a starting dline the entire second half. If you saw the game you would know Westmoreland kinda gave the game away through mistakes and also a questionable roughing the punter call that flipped momentum at a very important time in the middle of the second quarter. Lets just say we have been looking forward to the next couple of years here for a long time 

Edited by Mr. Postman1

10 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

People are experts at making excuses for their team when they lose, just hold on to the fact you got the dub!

Not making excusing just stating facts and also if youd gone to the game you would understand. We stopped portland with 39 seconds left and we muffed a punt that gave them the chance to kick the field goal. It was heading for OT. Our guy decided to be aggressive and take it back on the run like hed done all night long. It was a great game between a 2a and a 5a