2021 Andrew Johnson Bank Ladies Classic Field

BP4138

1 hour ago, coachinhoops said:

Truly a first class event with lots of talented teams.  

Thanks, Coach. This tournament has been going on for over thirty years. I'd recommend that you buy an official program for a souvenir. Lots of history, team and individual tournament records, etc. Teams from all over the eastern US and the south have played here in GreenEville. 

Best six bucks you'll ever spend. 

Upperman and Oak Ridge played a whale of a game. Too bad someone had to lose. At the risk of repeating myself, Abigail Johnson is formidable as a post. So far, she is my pick for tournament MVP. Oak Ridge is a good young team.

Greeneville, missing key four-year starter, Grace Hayes, has played tough, beating a very good and bigger South Laurel, KY team.

Kentucky's Larry A Ryle H.S. beat Bradley Central for the third spot in the semis.

So far, it's Upperman and Greeneville tomorrow at 7:30.

Edit: Bullitt beat Knox Catholic and is the only team remaining that I have not watched in the tournament. I have seen the other three semi-finalists (Upperman, Greeneville and Ryle) twice each. I don't know what to expect from Bullitt.

Greeneville had better come up with a scheme to defend against Upperman's inside game with Abigail Johnson. I do believe that Greeneville is quick enough to keep pace with Upperman's ball handlers and Upperman better be ready to go against a Greeneville offense that is just as capable as Upperman when pushing the ball up the floor. What remains to be seen is how effective Greeneville will be rebounding and defending passes going to the post. The inside game will be the difference.

Edited by Americal198

8 minutes ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Abby Holtman from Ryle is a baller.

Quinn Eubank and Sarah Baker are also. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over the results of tonight's game against Bradley. Did you stay for the Bullitt-Knoxville Catholic game? I was there from noon until the finish of the Greeneville game.

Any opinion on Bullitt?

27 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Quinn Eubank and Sarah Baker are also. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over the results of tonight's game against Bradley. Did you stay for the Bullitt-Knoxville Catholic game? I was there from noon until the finish of the Greeneville game.

Any opinion on Bullitt?

I would have liked to seen Bradley win, but I knew it would be a tough game either way. I’m not there, I’ve just been watching the games online. I think Ryle is the favorite to win the tournament, although I haven’t seen Bullitt. The bottom half of the bracket was really stacked.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

7 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

I would have liked to seen Bradley win, but I knew it would be a tough game either way. I’m not there, I’ve just been watching the games online. I think Ryle is the favorite to win the tournament, although I haven’t seen Bullitt. The bottom half of the bracket was really stacked.

Actually, I understand perfectly how a Cleveland fan could pull for a Bradley team, as I, a South Greene "homer", have been rooting for Greeneville, now that my team is no longer in the winner's bracket.

I agree that Ryle has a good chance to win and that the bottom of the bracket was "really stacked," as you say. We'll know more tonight obviously.

Looks like it'll be Tennessee versus Kentucky for the championship.

46 minutes ago, Nobodysomebody said:

Anybody else notice Greenville gets away with a lot, I mean a lot 

:popcorneater:....I haven't watched Greeneville but I'm sure a lot of visitors feel this way. I have learned to ignore the refs and just support the Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats. They are just kids playing a kids game. Its not like they are OL and should be run down. LOL!