DII-A

Kublah

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

They have a real nice stadium and facilities. Probably the best in Div2A. They have concessions and bathrooms on both sides of the stadium. Similar to Knox Webb on the home sideline but CA has bleachers and facilities across the field for visitors. It’s a great environment.

I was there a couple of years ago to broadcast the game. Sadly, I was pretty much flat on my back at the time and the weather was off that night. Just have a few questions that my friend could personally answer. I already know about the good hospitality there

6 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

They should win this coming week with Franklin Grace, the following week will be the test against USJ. I agree that the East has improved a lot as the season has progressed. You can see it with our kids, getting a grasp of the new offense, along with some changes on D since halftime at the Franklin Grace game.

Shouldn’t all teams improve as the season went along? Unless there are injuries you should improve.  NCS is going to be a rough draw for any team and so will DCA and USJ. Those three are big favorites to win the gold ball IMO. 

55 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Shouldn’t all teams improve as the season went along? Unless there are injuries you should improve.  NCS is going to be a rough draw for any team and so will DCA and USJ. Those three are big favorites to win the gold ball IMO. 

I actually laughed out loud last night when I noticed NCS’s Twitter name was @NCSRecruiting. There has to be a story there. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Agree on the big three. On the improvement note, your right, but some teams improve dramatically while others may see only gradual improvement.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 11:14 AM, Playerscoach said:

The east could be a mess from what you guys have posted.

Now to the big game in the middle region. Its game week for the NCS at DCA faithful. Both teams took care of business in convincing fashion in this past weeks games.     These two teams are almost carbon copies of each other in how the operate on the defense and offense. Both have size, speed, and are extremely physical. They both also appear to play with an edge and wait until the “echo” or the whistle to stop trying to dominate their man. 

On offense both use a fullback and also can spread you out. Both had tailbacks that can get chunks of yards. DCA has a 225 lb fullback in #33 that is as physical a fullback as I’ve seen for the Wildcats. Plus, he’s very fast and doubles as the tailback on some occasions. He’s simply one of the best ever to play for the Wildcats as a fullback and MLB. Both teams use play action passing to attack vertically with NCS liking to take shots vertically on the outside. 

On defense both run to the ball extremely well. Running outside the tackles will be interesting for both teams. Both teams will play a single high safety and mix in man and zone coverages. Both teams don’t worry about leaving the CB’s on an island to cover speed WR’s. The LB’s are equally good against the run or pass. 

Kicking is a bit different IMO. DCA has arguably a top #2 kicker in its history and he is a dangerous weapon. NCS has a good kicker as well and mix it up with his kicks when it comes to direction and distance.

This game will be an absolute war. Best of luck to all the teams. 

It was a great game as expected. One of the most physical games I’ve seen in years. Both teams attempted 15 passes each. NCS had a fumble and two INTs and DCA had one of each. NCS total offensive yards was 115 with 68 rushing and 47 passing. DCA had 122 rushing and 96 passing. DCA had one touchdown called back and a 22 yard FG hit the upright. 

Both teams had opportunities in the passing game but the wet ball caused both teams to problems.

As a DCA guy I was shocked at how big and physical NCS was. DCA has size all over the field but NCS is just a whole other level in that regard. NCS also had depth at the RB/WR/DB positions that’s uncommon at this level. 

Overall it was a hard fought, physical game between two excellent teams. 

Edited by Playerscoach
  • Like 1

I want to publicly acknowledge my friend and fellow Coach T poster CA Backer. When it comes to how visiting media is treated, CA Backer, over at Columbia Academy, is the gold standard. I've been treated well at many places during my years of broadcasting. Nobody, and I mean nobody, treats visiting media better than CA Backer. The food and drink he provided Friday night was simply outstanding. I'm very grateful for your kindness and for your friendship.

6 hours ago, Triplej said:

Can Kings and USJ have any possibility of being a good game ? I believe the other three games will be close.

Not really. The other games won’t be close either with the exception of MTCS v Trinity possibly. Some have predicted a margin of 4 plus TDs in each of the games with NCS, USJ, and DCA. Each is significantly more talented than their opponents from what folks have posted. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, Playerscoach said:

Not really. The other games won’t be close either with the exception of MTCS v Trinity possibly. Some have predicted a margin of 4 plus TDs in each of the games with NCS, USJ, and DCA. Each is significantly more talented than their opponents from what folks have posted. 

I just did a thorough review of the TCA/MTCS game from early in the season that MTCS won 28-11. It was a 14-11 game going into the fourth quarter. I believe both teams will come in run heavy. Unless their offense has changed drastically MTCS will run a double blocking back unbalanced line version of the single wing as a main cog of their offense. The quarterback also has options in the passing game out of that formation. I do see them breaking into more of a spread formation on rare occasion in certain passing situations. TCA has shown and greatly increased capability of running the football the last two weeks with just over 800 yd of rushing offense the last 2 games. They have also passed for over 200 yards during the same time. Thus you cannot totally load the box like we have seen teams do against TCA in the past. Defensively, MTCS will probably be very aggressive defensively especially with the blitz from the outside linebackers. Three of the four scores by MTCS were off of TCA turnovers. Two were on short field touchdowns and another was a pick 6. TCA also gave up another interception deep and MTCS territory.

The bottom line is that I see two teams are going to try and run the ball down each others throat with a little bit of passing thrown in for good measure. I was most impressed with MTCS in their victory over Friendship Christian. That was a high quality win in my opinion. They are very disciplined in the offense they run. If TCA can eliminate or greatly reduce the amount of turnovers that they had along with the large amount of what I call Big boy penalties incurred during that game, I think TCA has a shot to win this game. Whatever way the score turns out, I believe this will be the most entertaining game this week of the four in our division. 

6 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I just did a thorough review of the TCA/MTCS game from early in the season that MTCS won 28-11. It was a 14-11 game going into the fourth quarter. I believe both teams will come in run heavy. Unless their offense has changed drastically MTCS will run a double blocking back unbalanced line version of the single wing as a main cog of their offense. The quarterback also has options in the passing game out of that formation. I do see them breaking into more of a spread formation on rare occasion in certain passing situations. TCA has shown and greatly increased capability of running the football the last two weeks with just over 800 yd of rushing offense the last 2 games. They have also passed for over 200 yards during the same time. Thus you cannot totally load the box like we have seen teams do against TCA in the past. Defensively, MTCS will probably be very aggressive defensively especially with the blitz from the outside linebackers. Three of the four scores by MTCS were off of TCA turnovers. Two were on short field touchdowns and another was a pick 6. TCA also gave up another interception deep and MTCS territory.

The bottom line is that I see two teams are going to try and run the ball down each others throat with a little bit of passing thrown in for good measure. I was most impressed with MTCS in their victory over Friendship Christian. That was a high quality win in my opinion. They are very disciplined in the offense they run. If TCA can eliminate or greatly reduce the amount of turnovers that they had along with the large amount of what I call Big boy penalties incurred during that game, I think TCA has a shot to win this game. Whatever way the score turns out, I believe this will be the most entertaining game this week of the four in our division. 

Spot on - execution on the O line since the TKA game has been a difference maker for the Cougars.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:36 PM, Playerscoach said:

In reference to the TCA at MTCS game, below is an audio link where you'll be able to listen to the game. Yours truly will have the call of this game. Sadly because of the NFHS contract with the T$$AA, I will only be able to audio stream.  It will be the only way to get play by play commentary of this game.

https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions/

• Thanks 1